Prologue

The chime of the doors rang as you entered like a taunting chant screaming in his ears. With the day being abnormally slow, Kurama just wanted to go home at last. It was still 2 hours out until closing time, and he couldn't help but dread each time the door chimed by now.

Now as he heard your footsteps approaching, he directed his tired gaze to your form. You were currently standing there with your hands fiddling with the straps of the small bag on your back. You smiled sweetly, yet awkwardly at him, earning you a small smile back.

"Hello, I was wondering if you currently have any daffodils in currently?" You asked, looking around at the colorful flowers around the small shop and the way the light filtering in front of shop window hit the pink, Eden Roses and tulips in the front.  Or the iris's and lilies in the back. Despite your own distraction, Kurama spoke up to reply, bringing you back to the conversation you started.

"Yes, I believe we do have some daffodils." He pointed to the far left corner of the shop. "They should be just back there. You can let me know if you need any further help."

"Thank you." You headed back to the direction he pointed you in. As you looked at the daffodils, your attention fell on the roses beside them. The vibrant red was a beautiful eye catcher that drew you closer. You ended up picking up a few daffodils and roses, taking them back to the counter where the cashier stood waiting.

His hair being an unnatural shade of red, that was the first thing you noticed. The second, the beauty of his stunning, forest, deep green eyes. The boy standing before you was purely ethereal, taking your breath away as you took his looks in. His presence seemed to put you at ease. His aura feel like that of a gentle being.

And the next day, you came back to the flower shop again.