Chapter 2: The Beginning of a Search

He appeared in a dark forest. The only light being from Dimentio's glowing yellow eye and the slight sun that shined through the thick trees. Dimentio felt uneasy but he didn't care. If it was to retrieve his marvelous mask, he'll take the risk. He floated through the forest. He came across a light shining through the trees ahead of him. It was an exit. When he rushed through the trees, branches, and bushes, he came across a city. Dimentio rubbed his eyes that were covered by the paper bag as he looked at his map.

"This seems to be the place they wanted me to go to..." Dimentio compared the map to the city. He sighed and rolled it up. "I just want my mask...Let's go." He lifted his legs off the ground and walked towards the city. "I know places like this are weird but what's with the city surrounded by forest..." He asked as he gracefully flew around the scenery as he made his journey. The heat that emits from the sun made him tired and exhausted. He doesn't do well with heat. He's more of a winter animal.

"What? I'm not an animal!" Dimentio growled at the Narrator who's in full control of the story and could kill him anytime of they wanted to. Dimentio scowled. "Fine, fine! I guess you win! Just be PROFESSIONAL, please?"

I'm not professional if you keep interacting with me.

"Fair." He sighed.

He finally made it to the city. He took a break in the allyway between two buildings. Ignoring the bugs and trash. "Coming all the way here.... It takes a lot out of you.." He huffed. It turns out time flies by fast. The sun was already setting. He stared at the color fading from a pink to a dark blue as the city suddenly became vibrant and colorful with all the lights coming from stores and shops.

He sighed placed his hands on his hips. "Alright, Dimentio. This is for your hat and L's marvelous bandana." He told himself to gather confidence. He begun levitating off the ground and flew through the streets of the city, looking at the map. He mumbled complete nonsense to himself as he kept reading.

"Ugh, this map is horrible....It's so hard to read.." He kept turning the map around, trying to understand it. He wasn't much of a map person. Dimentio eventually bumped into someone, knocking him and the map onto the ground.

"Oof!" He rubbed his head. "Eugh, will people please be mindful of their surroundings!" They looked up at who they bumped into, irritated. The first thing he noticed was yellow hair, quickly sneaking behind a wall

It certainly wasn't his. It was far from his and neither the people in his area. He found it unusual. He got up and quickly made his way through the ocean of people and tried to catch up with the yellow haired fellow.

He managed to find them in an alleyway, gripping onto something green. Dimentio took a closer look. It was L's Bandana! Dimentio called out to the supposed thief. "You there! That's L's very attractive Bandana! Hand it over, thief!" The thief turned around and saw Dimentio. Their fave was completely covered by a mask of their own. They let out a huff and quickly jump their way up the building.

"Stop! Thief! Great Grambi, this is such a problem!" Dimentio begun to chase after them, flying upwards. The thief was very swift and agile as they leapt from building to building, making it difficult for Dimentio to catch up to them, given his weak magic as of right now. "Stop!" He tried to summon translucent barriers around the thief in an attempt to trap them but they were utterly futile. Dimentio clenched his fists in frustration. "Stop running and face me you coward!" He begun to pick up his speed overlooking the energy he's using. Suddenly, the mysterious person jumped down and disappeared. Dimentio floated down and huffed, collapsing to his knees. He was tired.

"God DAMN IT!" He hit the hard, concrete ground with his fists as hard as he could. A wave of pain spread throughout his arm. "Ow..." He whinced. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a trap door. It was hidden particularly well. He got up and crept towards the trap door, curious. They begun to connect the dots. "This must of been how they've escaped! Your hiding spot has been found thief!" He cheered. He opened the trapdoor and entered, it turning out to be a slide. "Fuck."