Prologue

»»————-  ————-««

Kinoko Kingdom, a beautiful land filled with pretty flowers, mushrooms, energetic people, and glorious structures could simply feel magical by just looking at it. However, parts of this kingdom held not just the feeling of magic, but the gift of it, as well.

Kings Bad and Skeppy had adopted a son from the neighboring kingdom, expecting to raise a beautiful, happy, and healthy boy. However, those plans were destroyed when their son, Dream, fell terribly ill. Luckily, the best sorcerer of their land was able to figure out a solution. Karl Jacobs instructed the Kings to find the very flower which held the magical drop of sunlight. It was rumored that it was somewhere within the cliffs of northern Kinoko Kingdom. Nobody had lived there for years, but a search team was sent out by the Kings immediately.

Dream grew sicker and sicker by day, and there was little hope after the search team hadn't returned with the flower for days.

To their luck, the head guard, was able to find the flower.

"It was hidden by a cage of some sort," she told the Kings, "Like someone already knew of it."

Bad and Skeppy didn't care much about that statement, and instead hurried to give the sacred medicine to Dream. Dream was better in no time, but not without some strange side effects. His hair grew quickly everyday, and was fairly long for a baby. Not only that, but it would glow at random times. It was unique, and his fathers were filled with love and relief that their son would be alright.

Unfortunately, the head guard was right.

Someone did already know of the beautiful flower, a woman named Puffy, much too old to be living, with fluffy hair, and bad intentions, she snuck into the castle that night.

At first, Puffy only wanted a piece of his hair, just so she could use the power of the golden flower to keep
her young. She sliced a strand off, and it insanely grew a dark, dirty blonde.

She knew that taking it wouldn't work.

The flower was the only thing that kept her youthful and alive, she needed it.

The only thing left of the flower was that boy's hair, and if she couldn't take some, Puffy decided on a different option.

And so, she took him.

Dream was taken, far into the wilderness to a tall tower, built of bricks with a pointed top, that was colored a beautiful green. Dream would grow believing that Puffy was his mother, unknowingly respecting and being in a family with the woman who stripped him of his true life as a prince in Kinoko Kingdom. Every few days, Puffy would sit and brush Dreams hair as he sang to her, providing Puffy with the gift of everlasting life from the droplet of sun that was now stuck in his hair.

Dream loved his life, stuck within a castle, for the majority of his life.

He could sing, paint, play games, read, maybe paint again.

He didn't complain for 20 years of being alone, with god awful long hair, and nobody but Mama Puffy, and his pet chameleon, Callahan, his whole life.

Until he finally thought of a life he could be living without being inside of the tower.

One thing he specifically was interested in, were the glorious floating lights that appeared once a year on his birthday. All his life, he knew it was probably a coincidence, but they never failed to make him happy.

Maybe, just maybe, Mama would let him go.

All he needed was a bit of courage.

»»————-  ————-««