playful! Withered Bonnie x shy! reader

┌─────────────────┐

Requested by:

@Dicillion

Theme:
Comforting

└─────────────────┘

Y/N had always been shy and reserved

Y/N had always been shy and reserved. They preferred staying at home with a good book over going out and socializing with people. But when they met Withered Bonnie, everything changed.

Y/N started going to the new Jr's Pizzeria with their little sister and ended up working as the night guard. It was frightening at first, the animatronics would come alive at night and try to attack them, but luckily for Y/N the robots soon realized that they weren't the person they were looking for.

They could still remember the constant apologies from the animatronics on the third night. Especially from Toy Bonnie, who bothered them the most for three nights straight. But Y/N wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for Withered Bonnie, he was the one who pointed out that Y/N is the wrong person to attack after all, however, that may be.

Since then, Y/N's night job became a whole lot easier. They didn't necessarily have to watch anyone, although they didn't want company either. But soon enough, Withered Bonnie was able to break that wall. He was the complete opposite of them. He was outgoing, and confident, and always had a smile on his missing face. He had a way of making them feel comfortable and safe, even in the most nerve-wracking situations.

It started with small conversations here and there, but before they knew it, they were talking every night and day. He was always teasing them, making them laugh, and pushing them out of their comfort zone in the best way possible.

Y/N truly enjoyed their time with him, so much to the point where they tried to go to the pizzeria during the day too. They would sneak to the side and find their way towards Parts and Service, chatting with Bonnie, and occasionally the other Withered too.

One day, Y/N had a particularly rough day at their day job. They were feeling overwhelmed and just needed someone to talk to. They hesitated to reach out to him, knowing he was always busy keeping an eye on the toy animatronics and they didn't want to burden him with their problems.

But as Y/N sat on the squeaky chair, Withered Bonnie peaked his head through the main door. "Hey, you okay? I noticed you haven't been around much today." The bunny spoke softly, one of his ears flopping down.

Y/N didn't know how to respond for a second. They didn't want to seem like they were always relying on him, but at the same time, they needed him. "I'm okay," they sighed. "Just had a rough day."

"Want to talk about it?" he asked.

They took a deep breath and opened their mouth to speak. "Customer service was rough today, like really rough. It's one thing dealing with a few that get mad, but for some reason, everyone was after me today." They sighed, slouching on the chair.

Withered Bonnie's red eyes dropped as he leaned closer to them, kneeling to Y/N's height to hear more.

"Since I work at the Cafe just a few blocks away, I'm usually making coffee and pastries in the back instead of upfront at the cash register," Y/N mumbled, shifting in their seat as they crossed their legs. "It's not my favorite but I have to every once in a while. It's rare when I'm out there all day, well until today that is. It felt like almost every customer was taking their anger out on me. B-but I get it, I do, the mornings they're tired and rushing to go to work...lunch, again rushing to get back to work a-and the evening everyone is just trying to get home—" Suddenly Y/N was silenced, Withered Bonnie gently placed his claw on their thigh, making eye contact with his red glowing eyes.

Y/N felt their face start to heat up. The sudden touch of his hand on their thigh made their stomach spin, chills running up their spine. Bonnie rubbed his thumb slightly, getting
Y/N's attention to look back up at him.

"Don't," he spoke softly. "They don't have an excuse to treat you that way." He protested, his ears flattening.

"But—" Y/N started, then Withered Bonnie quickly cut them off. "No buts, you're treated with respect here," Bonnie said firmly, a faint growl creeping upon his voice. "It should be the same there too. You don't deserve that!"

Y/N let out a sigh, shrugging their shoulders. "I don't know, but I can't do anything about it." Bonnie's ears flopped down as his eyes dropped with worry. Suddenly, he pulled Y/N closer, holding them in a tight hug. They were startled at first, by the large animatronic wrapping his arms around them, but eventually, they gave in and hugged him back.

"But, you can always talk to me..." Bonnie said softly, lifting Y/N's chin to look up at him. "Alright?" Y/N slowly nodded. "Thank you." They smiled.

"Of course."

Before Y/N knew it, they were talking about everything that had happened that day and days before that. He listened attentively, offering words of comfort and support. It was like he knew exactly what Y/N needed to hear.

After they left, Y/N felt like a weight had been lifted off their shoulders. They couldn't believe how lucky they were to have him in their life.

The next day, he surprised them at work with a cup of coffee, which he struggled heavily to make in the kitchen, and a smile. They walked around the pizzeria, talking and laughing like they always did.

Withered Bonnie sneaked Y/N out in the back, watching the moon rise in the night, he turned to them and said, "You know, Y/N, I don't think I've ever felt this comfortable around anyone before. You make me feel like I can be myself, and I appreciate that."

Y/N felt their heart flutter. They looked at him and smiled, feeling a warmth spread throughout their body.

"I feel the same way," they said softly.

He leaned in and gave them a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"Let's keep comforting each other, okay?" he said with a grin.

Y/N nodded with a smile. "Yeah." They chuckled, their heart fluttering. "That sounds nice."