Chapter 54: Second Life

Jihoon:
Producer Gathering

Date: 2020.01.04
Time: 6 pm onwards
Venue: xxx
Dress code: Secondary Colours ✌️

Oh, these must be the details for the annual producer gathering Jihoon mentioned... He followed up the message by revealing that the venue was an idol-producer's villa this time. It was about thirty minutes away, being located much closer to the YD Entertainment building- the company the idol was from.

My eyes fell on the last piece of information and I raised an eyebrow. Was he for real? As in green, purple and orange? That was very unconventional... Not that I hated it.

Me: Secondary colours??

Jihoon: He is... Quite a unique person haha

Me: Guess I'll show up as a tree then...

Jihoon: I'll be an orange then. We can be an orange tree! You'll have to let me sit on your shoulders though. :D

Me: Then when harvest time comes, I'll let the orange fall to the ground :)

Jihoon: We're on a farm! You have to wait for the farmer to come and pick me from the tree!

Me: The tree drops the orange when it decides to.

-

"I'm going out on Jan 4," I briefly told the family as I sat down on the sofa.

Mr Kim held out an open bag of chips to me and I reached in. I grabbed three chips and tossed them into my mouth.

"Where you headed to?" he asked.

"Party," I said while chewing.

Mr Kim started coughing. He almost choked on the chips in his mouth. He properly swallowed the chips in his mouth before glancing at me. A bewildered look painted his face.

"You? Party? Chaerin didn't mention a party," he questioned. He must have assumed I was going to the party with Chae.

"Party? Why am I not invited?" Chae chimed in, her hands slamming down on the cushioned arms of the armchair she sat on.

It was then I realised. Just stating that name would make the room go crazy. I mean it would definitely get crazy anyway nearing midnight, given it was New Years' eve.

I spoke cautiously and tried to phrase my words carefully as I went along. "It's uh... I was invited. By a producer. To a producer gathering. That's all," I told them.

They nodded their heads. For a moment, I thought I had managed to slip by unscathed. It was then that something clicked in Chae's mind. She gasped and leaned back.

"Yah yah yah..." she pointed to me and started bouncing on the armchair excitedly.

"It's Jihoon, right?! He asked you to go to a party with him!" She exclaimed, her eyes watching every flicker of expression on my face. As if she had solved the biggest mystery of all time.

The two adults glanced at me. They were curious for an answer too.

I sighed and nodded. "Yes, he did-"

Immediately, the room was thrown into chaos and cheers. Mr Kim gave me a tight squeeze and congratulated me. Jihoon was only a friend! Him being a male should not be something special. What the hell??

Mr Kim got up from the sofa with a wide grin on his face.

"It's only 8pm but it's never too early to celebrate!" he strode over to the kitchen to get some drinks.

I facepalmed and sighed once more. "It's just a party!" I expressed.