i love you and you only❤️💛

tw: panic attacks, self doubt, anxiety, crying, sturggles with breathing

word count: 391

dream x reader
pronouns: they/them

request by: @SweetenedLemons

[name's] pov:

' i'm not worth it. he'll realise there's better people out there. i don't deserve him. ' my thoughts continued to zip across my mind at such rapid paces i couldn't understand the words anymore. as if it was some unknown language. the silence in the room left and my chocked sobs and attempts to breathe replaced it. my breathing going just as fast as my jumbled thoughts. if i wasn't in such a state i'd be questioning how i'm still consious.

my mind zooms past quicker and quicker, along with my breathing pase. my nails found their place onto my scalp, scratching my skin and pulling on my hair with a strong grip. my shaking legs closed in tight to my chest. my head resting on knees, tears soaking the cloth on my pants. my arms shook yet continued to pull at my hair, some strands snapping from it's place.

i didn't even hear the door opening and footsteps walking toward me. i was only aware of the other person in the room, when a pair of socks that where placed on someone's feet stood infront of me. my line of sight still fixed itself on the floor as my panicked state continued.

"[name], shhh, it's me dream.. can you look at me..?" dream's voice filled my ears instead of the toxic voices. just to be replaced with the voices onve more. but dream sat next to me, and softly spoke to me about his day, drowning out the voices. he always knew how to help. my shaking slowed and i began to feel fuzzy. my mind was trying to cope from the anxiety i was just feeling. so i let it regress into the child mindset i've learned to love.

my crying slowed to sniffles and hiccups as i latched onto dream. small giggles left my mouth as he tickled my sides softly. he smiled softly at me, and i smiled back. my mind and body where both tired from the panic attack i just had. those things are exhausting. dream caught on and picked me up, as i let out a squeal. we ended up cuddling for the rest of the night after changing and hygine.