Chapter 5

"Kira, I'm gay. Ikaw lang ang nakakaalam bukod sa akin. Let's keep it within ourselves okay?"

Paulit-ulit bumabalik sa akin ang sinabi ni Gab. I was stunned upon hearing his sudden confession. I couldn't speak. As if my tongue was tounge-tied.

My system couldn't access what he said. It won't sink in. I heaved a sigh, collecting my strength to talk to him.

"Your secret is safe with me. Don't worry." I assured him and offered him a hug.

I felt him embraced me. I also feel his heart beating so fast.

"Thank you." He said, still not puling out from the hug.

Saying secret to someone is hard, especially if you're not sure if the person whom you're going to tell is trustworthy. It takes all guts, pride, dignity, and trust. When someone says their secret on you, it means you're trustworthy. Be trustworthy for it keeps healthy relationship.

So if someone said their secret to you, keep it. I know it's hard, but try your very best. Telling their secret to other people equates to breaking the trust between the two of you. It's also a form of betrayal.

Being true to yourself isn't easy, specially when you live in a judgemental society. I admire him telling me this, even though we're not that close and we always fight.

There's nothing wrong with being gay. As long as you don't step on someone, go for anything that makes you happy.
Don't mind those sh*tty people out, live your life the way you want it to be.

Most people in our country are homophobic, racist and judgemental. They only see the wrongdoings of you, despite all the good things you did towards them. I really admire Gab, for him to speak himself and trust me.

"For how long do you keep this with yourself?" I asked him as I break from the hug.

"I don't exactly know."

The bell rang, time for the next class. Iniayos ko na ang mga pinagkainan namin at agad itinapon sa basurahan. I picked up my things, and walk with Gab on our way back to our classroom.

Gab, he's the only son of the governor.
Plus he's an athlete, a basketball player. He's also intelligent. Plus the looks he have. He's definitely a head turner.

Jet-black hair, madalas hindi maayos ngunit maganda pa rin tignan. Bushy eyebrows, that's what I envy from his features. Brown almond eyes, mas lalong na de-depina ang kulay nito 'pag nasisinagan ng araw. He has high nose bridge. His manly tall nose, ome of his best assets when it comes to looks. His pinkish lips, it's as if he always wear lip balm. And his cleft chin, probably one of the reasons why he attract girls.