4.

This time, you don't see each other for the next week

It hurts, because he literally just admitted that he loved—loves you, but now he's just ignoring you. You're so confused, and tired, and just want to get rid of your high hopes that have grown even more after that night at the party.

He ran off right after he told you. You tried to run after him and catch him, but you were too late. That night, you couldn't sleep, thinking of his words, and the next night you couldn't sleep either. Along with the next night, and the next, and the next, until it hit a full week later.

At this point you wouldn't be as attentive in class as you usually were, you would nap in between classes, during breaks, and most of the time be late to class. It sucked a lot. Damn Donghyuck and his cowardly self.

You almost manage to fully pass out on the table you chose to study on in the library, right on your physics book that made you even sleepier as you read it. However, a certain freshman sits next to you.

You open your eyes to see a blurry figure, their innocent smile shining, and hand waving over your face, "Hi," their voice is hushed, as expected in the library, but it's not a complete whisper, and you recognize the voice of Jung Sungchan.

You suck in a breath, rubbing at your tired eyes, before squinting them to see the boy clearly. He simply waits for you to process everything, for he knows what it's like to suddenly wake up and not know where you are.

Once again, the younger sends you a friendly wave and a bright smile, mumbling a small 'hey' to which you smile and echo his words.

"What are you doing here?" Kind of a stupid question to ask, especially in a library, but you really are genuinely curious as to what his plans were here. Sungchan doesn't seem to mind, pointing to the beanbag section behind him.

"I'm here with Shotaro, I've been busy with ice hockey practice and I have a free period right now, so we're hanging out! I still gotta go this evening though, the second game is tomorrow."

Right, the second game of the tournament is tomorrow. You wonder how Donghyuck is doing, was he perfectly fine and practicing well? He seems so unbothered by the night at the party, but unbeknownst to you, he really wants to apologize and just retry his confession. He didn't expect it to be that sudden.

You seem to snap out of your sudden train of thoughts when Sungchan speaks up again, "The real question here is what are you doing here? I've noticed you've been more tired these days, you should really rest." You're always so amazed by how thoughtful Sungchan is, he's always there to look out for anyone, some random classmate or friend, he's always so caring to everyone.

You nod, giving Sungchan a grateful smile, before shutting your physics book, "Thank you, Sungchan. You always know how to make me feel better,"

Sungchan stays seated as you start to pack your bag and get ready to leave, gnawing on his lower lip nervously. 'Just ask her!' he thinks to himself.