Chapter 11

*time skip*

3 years later...

"Giorno honestly just shut up." Abacchio heaved a sigh as he grabbed Giorno by the collar, "You ask us for help and then your dumbass questions it or suggests something in opposition so please, do us all the favor of making up your fucking mind." Abacchio hissed.

Giorno laughed nervously, "Look I'm sorry but this has to be perfect. What if she rejects me?" Giorno began to twiddle his thumbs, his mind wondering to all of the worst possible outcomes.

Bruno grabbed Giorno's shoulders, "Listen, I agree with Abacchio. You're kinda being a dick here but, I do understand where you're coming from. You're not really in an easy position and you're looking for assistance to make the occasion the best it can be." Bucciarati let go of Giorno and took his phone from his pocket, "Excuse me for a few minutes." Bucciarati excused himself leaving Abacchio and Giorno to embrace an awkward silence.

"Look Giorno, as much as I dislike you, I want the day to be special for the two of you. Bucciarati and I are trying really hard to help you. Help us help you." Abacchio mumbled not making eye contact. This sparked joy in Giorno's heart. He knew that Abacchio cared about him deep down regardless of how he was treated by him.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it." Giorno smiled sweetly, "Okay so at least one thing is settled." Bucciarati stated as he returned to the pair, "We're going to set everything up at the park but not this one down the road from us. The one further on, it's nicer. Narancia will be taking pictures and we'll set up a video camera as well. Mista and Trish will be sorting decorations. Fugo will be organising the cake and smaller snacks. Abacchio will stall Y/n and get her ready until I give him the signal to bring her, while you and I sort out the other arrangements. We both know that if she isn't looking decent and 'picture worthy' for this she'll be morbid and we can't have that tomorrow so let's get this show on the road."

With that Abacchio left to get Y/n ready, Giorno and Bucciarati went their own way as well.

"This is the one Bucciarati!" Giorno beamed as he pointed to the two toned engagement ring.

"I think she will like that one

"I think she will like that one." Bucciarati smiled in agreement, "Excuse me, I'd like this one." Giorno called to the cashier, "Sure sir, that's a lovely choice." She smiled warmly. With that Giorno happily gave his money to the cashier, "Good luck sir." The cashier continued to wear a warm smile as Giorno thank her.

Nightfall arrived and Giorno went home with Bucciarati. They'd all graduated the previous year. Bucciarati got his own house and the others decided they'd live there as well. Whereas Y/n and Giorno rented out an apartment together not far from the gang.

Moonlight filled up Bucciarati's room with the assistance of two nightstand lamps. Giorno sat on Bucciarati's bed and the latter furiously scratching through his cupboard for his lotion, "Bucciarati my heart is pounding."

He sat down beside Giorno and rubbed small circles on his back, "I can imagine. But tomorrow's going to be worse. I mean, your nerves are going to be worse. It's a big day and everything has to be exceptional. I'm excited." Bucciarati wasn't really doing a good job at motivating Giorno to calm his nerves because he himself was nervous too, just not showing it so much.

"What if she says 'no'?" Giorno's mind yet again wandered into gloom-ridden outcomes. He received a sharp slap to the back of his head by Bucciarati in response, "Say or think negatively again one more time and the gang and I are done helping you with this!" Bucciarati grabbed Giorno by the shoulders and  shook him, "Now I don't want to hear another negative thought spew from your mouth! You know for a fact that Y/n will say 'yes', maybe even collapse, but the answer will remain 'yes'! So pull yourself together and go sleep. It's a big day tomorrow and the last thing we want is for you to be falling asleep during it all."

Bucciarati let go of Giorno's shoulders and walked to the left side of the queen sized bed, swiftly opening the blanked and climbing under, "You're welcome to sleep here on the right side or on the couch. You can decide for yourself." He said as he turned his back to Giorno, switching off the left lamp as he did so.

Giorno answered Bucciarati with action. He creeped in beside Bucciarati and turned off the remaining lamp allowing for only moonlight to illuminate the room. They bid their 'goodnight's and sleep took over them shortly after.

"Oh my goodness! Everything's prepared so beautifully, I wish I was the one getting proposed to." Trish squealed with joy, cupping her face in her hands, "I know right! We all did a good job so far." Narancia chimed, "Now we're only waiting on Abacchio to tell us he's on his way with Y/n." Fugo added, "Then it's the true time to shine." Giorno piped in nervously as he fumbled his thumbs together.

"Don't worry okay? You've got this. I mean, we wouldn't put so much effort into all this if we knew she was going to reject you." Mista flung his arm over Giorno's shoulder as he chuckled nervously only to receive a death glare from the rest of the gang and a look of visible confusion from Giorno. Mista raised his arms in surrender.

Ding

Everyone's heads peered up at the sound of Bucciarati's notification going off, "They're almost here. Places everyone!"

Everyone scattered to their hiding spots leaving Giorno and his anxiety in solitude, "I can do this." He repeated in his mind for motivation. It was doing well until, "Gio~! Oh this is a pretty nice setup for a date." Y/n enveloped Giorno in a bear hug causing all his confidence and motivation to drown in his anxiety.

"Y-Y/n wow. You look stunning love." He smiled anxiously, "As do you my love."

Bucciarati facepalmed, "She's oblivious to the whole thing. He should hurry up and do it already." He mumbled, "Yeah stalling is going to make it worse." Mista pouted. Narancia smirked as he picked up a small stone and threw Giorno to the back of his head. Giorno winced in pain as he looked in the direction of the assault. Narancia, Mista and Bucciarati signaled for him to get on with it.

Giorno gave a sigh of defeat before calling Y/n out of her daze, "Y/n?" He spoke softly. Giorno's nerves were present in his voice, "Yes? I'm sorry I was just admiring the cake." She giggled. Giorno cleared his throat and got on one knee. A blush arose to his face and he looked at the grass as he tried to summon the little courage that survived. Y/n placed a hand over her mouth. The shock set in as she realised what was actually going on, "Gio!" She exclaimed.

"Y/n I've known you for so long now. We've shared a whole lot of moments together that I'd be grateful to continue to do until the day we die. Good or bad. It doesn't matter as long as I have you by my side and you have me by yours. It's always been a dream of mine to make a beautiful woman my wife and with this we can do just that. Y/n L/n, will you me the honours of becoming Mrs Y/n Giovanna?"

By now Giorno's face was crimson as he held up the ring to Y/n. Y/n had tears of excitement brimming her eyes. Her hand was still placed over her mouth as she slowly nodded. Giorno got up slowly, "Yes?" He asked as his excitement started to build up.

"Yes Giorno Giovanna!" Y/n engulfed him in a hug as joyous tears streamed from her eyes. Giorno hugged her back just as tight. Giorno pulled away and to slip the ring on her left ring finger. The rest of the gang emerged from their hiding spots cheering, "You see? We told you it's work in the end. Didn't we?" Abacchio laughed as he a ruffled Giorno's hair, "Now we need to plan a wedding!!" Narancia beamed happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone 👋 I hope you're all well and that this chapter was worth the wait. Again, I'd like to apologize for the late update. My life has been kinda hectic lately and I've been trying to keep up with everything.

Thank you for your support, it really brightens my day. Stay safe❤️❤️