Dustleopard's Enemy - Chapter 4

Running as fast as his paws could carry him, Dustleopard entered Shadowclan camp. Whiterabbit was battling Dawnstar for Rabbitkit. My dream was right! Thank you Starclan. He bounded over to Dawnstar, clawing the she-cat's torso. She turned on Whiterabbit and hissed at Dustleopard, he yowled at her and clawed her eyes.

"MY EYES!" She screeched, her fur rippled as she dropped Rabbitkit on the ground. Dawnstar swiped blindly across her bloody vision. Clawing Dustleopard's face, too late for him to protect himself. He fell to his side.

"Dustleopard!" Jayflight screeched, staring in horror at the tom.

"Look what you've done!" Dawnstar cried, standing on her hind paws to hold her face. "You've made me blind!" She yowled, face screwed up in pain. She backed up, tripping over a root in camp. She tried to run, but Fallowclaws ran in camp to stop her.

"Get away from them!" He hissed, claws stained red from battle.

Meanwhile, Dustleopard laid in pain. He opened his eyes to see darkness and light. Dark edged his vision, and then he could see sort of clearly through one eye. He stood up, blood soaking his pelt. Fallowclaws ran past him, scooping up Rabbitkit. He gave Whiterabbit the kit, and licked the queen behind the ear. She blushed. Traitor.. He thought with a hiss.

"If you can't see, you won't be able to see my blows." Fallowclaws taunted, swiping her back from behind. "If only you could see me now." He sneered, clawing her from each corner. Daystar and ten of her warriors broke into camp. Shadowclan behind them.

"Off our territory!" Frogstar hissed at Daystar. "Bring Dawnstar with you." He snarled, staring at the blind leader. "What in Starclan.." He muttered. "Who did this?" He asked.

"It was Dustleopard, Frogstar." Fallowclaws spat. "He deserves a great punishment for that."

Frogstar stared at Dustleopard as he stood up. Dustleopard looked at him through a dark vision.

"He saved Rabbitkit, and Whiterabbit!" Jayflight meowed at last.

Frogstar's tail rose to signal everyone to be quiet. "Did you now, Dustleopard?" Frogstar asked.

"Y-yes, Frogstar.." Dustleopard stammered.

"So he did!" Fallowclaws rolled his eyes. "But I had saved Rabbitkit from being trampled on." He said through bared teeth. Hard icy silence set the camp, Daystar walked up next to Frogstar.

"We need to talk." Daystar had broken the silence, walking with the small tom into his den.

Fallowclaws stared at Dustleopard, his eyes slits. "You have crossed the line." Fallowclaws hissed with a glimmer of idea in his eyes. Dustleopard walked away, Whiterabbit growled at him.

"Oh will you stop!?" He yelled at the she-cat, moonlight washing his fur. She looked painfully in his eyes. "Don't pretend you 'love me'." Dustleopard hissed. "You are obsessed with Fallowclaws! He is a show-off and a cheater!" He groaned, looking away from his mate.

"I- I'm sorry!" Whiterabbit winced, his anger pierced her heart like a claw.

"No," Dustleopard sighed. "No your not." He said, slowly glancing at his kits. "And, if you can't love me like you love that horrid tom.." Tears ran down his cheeks. "Then I will not be your mate, Whiterabbit." He said, his voice cracking.

"So be it." Whiterabbit said, tears dripping from her whiskers. She walked into the nursery, holding crying Rabbitkit.

"Daddy!" Rabbitkit whined, running out of the nest the minute she was set down. "I don't want to leave you!" She cried, holding onto his paw.

"It's alright, sweet Rabbitkit." Dustleopard purred, touching noses with the kitten. "I won't leave any of my kits." He promised. "Just your cold-hearted mother."

"What about Harekit?" She asked, somewhat looking concerned.

Dustleopard gave his kit a discouraged look. "What about Harekit?"

"The kit that looks like Fallowclaws," She paused, whispering in his ear. "Is, Fallowclaws' kit." Rabbitkit said, her eyes round with fear. "Mommy told me not to tell you, I might get punished."

"No you won't get punished," Dustleopard said, fur rippling in sadness. "I am being punished." He sighed, dipping his head in tear filled whiskers. Rabbitkit walked back into the nursery, her stubby tail raised. Dustleopard ran out of camp, tears trailing behind him. "STARCLAN WHY?!" He yelled, running onto the sandy shore of the lake. Dustleopard fell on his knees, crying and heaving as he fell to his side.