The Present

Darius: So how much more work does your video game need? It's been months.

Dom: It's almost ready.

Darius: Like how you're almost ready to tell Dad about the E3 Game Camp next weekend?

Dom: I'm waiting on the right time.

Darius: Honestly, I just think you should rip the Band-Aid off and ask him.

Dom: You're just saying that 'cause he says yes to everything you ask.

Darius: That's 'cause I'm nice.

Dom: You're not that nice.

Darius: That's big talk. See if you can back it up. Come on, let's see what you can do.

Dom: All right. Don't get crossed. Oh! Gotcha! [chuckles]

Darius: Yeah, okay. Come on, bro.

[both chuckle]

LeBron: Dom. What was that?

Dom: An open shot.

LeBron: And if you're gonna be out here, it's about giving everything that you got. And not whatever that was. Where's your fundamentals?

Dom: We having fun.

LeBron: Everything in between these four lines is work.

Dom: Who said I wasn't working?

LeBron: This thing right here.

[beeping]

Darius: Told you not to bring that out here.

LeBron: Come on, Dom. This isn't a game. I need you focusing more...

Darius: [mouthing]

LeBron: ...instead of playing with these toys.

Darius, chill out. You know I got full court vision.

Darius: How does he do that?

LeBron: Ball. Show me that step-back move I taught you. You got this, son. In and out. Crossover.

Dom: In and out.

LeBron: Step back. Come on, Dom. You gotta concentrate. Darius, show him the move.

Darius: Watch me. Ball. In and out. Crossover. Step back. Shoot.

LeBron: Yep. See, that's 'cause your brother been putting in that work.

Darius: I ball all day. Ow!

Dom: [laughs]

LeBron: Dom. Focus. You got basketball camp next weekend. Them boys gonna be coming at your neck. Seeing what you got.

LeBron: Oh, we quitting on each other now? Can't be great without putting in work. All right. That's my guy. Let's get some work done. Enough of these games.

Dom: Okay. I'm ready.

Kamiyah: [sighs] Boys! Y'all can't stay out here all day. It's dinnertime.

LeBron: Oh, man.

Kamiyah: Really, Bron?

Dom: What are we having for dinner? Spaghetti and meatball?

Darius: Ow!

LeBron: Ooh, that's my favorite.

Darius: Damn!

Kamiyah: We talked about you affirming Dom more. Spending some unstructured time with him.