for those who are there for everyone but themselves

this is a tough one

why? because a lot of you over care for people and half of them probably wouldn't even do the same for you.

this is for my people who are down right in no position to be giving out any of their energy to anyone because they barely find the courage to get themselves up in the morning. that person is you.

how dare you not give yourself that same energy you give everyone else? I know you're tired. I know you're in pain. I know you're barely making it medication or not. you're laying on your pillow every night just wondering what you did wrong in this world because of the actions caused by someone else. how dare you not be gentle with yourself. you deserve better. you deserved better. you can still be better for you.

you are the people who are on the verge of breakdown every morning and night, but go out with friends/ to work and make sures that everyone is okay and laughing. you are making sure everyone is having a good day and then you go home and feel the weight of the world.

no matter what you do, people will have whatever day is made for them regardless of what you do. yes you can help distract them and keep them happy in the time being but you're not there when they get home and they are not there when you get home.

numbing out the pain does not get you anywhere but either manic or an everyday dissociative human being. you become cold and unhealed. it just sets you back further than where you where because you keep letting your cup empty out more and more for others.

i get it, it helps you to help others too but believe it or not, it will kill you internally one day. you will feel that helping others is beautiful but you no longer mentally can keep up with it. especially those who know you'll listen to them and will consistently abuse that. I'm not talking about people who genuinely need that help and advice but those who would never listen to you or try to understand you only because they simply just like you for how you treat and love them.

you will reach a point where it either hurts like hell or you feel utter emptiness. which one do you want? because I don't think you should want either of them.

most of you are probably people pleasers as well, so where do you draw the line and say no. do not respond right away, think everything through thoroughly. weigh out your options. allow yourself to respectfully tell people, "hey, I am not invalidating you and what you feel is important, but I do not have the mental capacity for this conversation. " do no apologize because and apology is for something you've done wrong and want to correct. you've done nothing wrong but choose yourself. seems selfish but a self care love type of selfish that you all need.

let yourself be the one in need. you're not a burden. you're not dramatic. you're not a victimizer. you are simply you, and that in itself says a lot. it's time to learn boundaries. seriously.