ᴏᴄ - ʀᴜɪɴᴅɪʀ! ɴᴏ... ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴇʟᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ! (24/ᴏ7/2ᴏ21 - 25/ᴏ7/2ᴏ21)

HEYHO MY CHILDREN!!!I DID A THING!

I DID A THING!

So... you probably know Ruindir, right?
If not.... then you're new and I welcome you to this little Artbook of mine :)

Anyways, so as some of the real OGs now, Ruindir used to be called Eldred. And Eldred was an npc-character in a dnd campaign I ran with my sister! Eldred and his friend Kevron were Harath (a homebrew mixture between elves, humans and tolkien-elves) and Paladins, replacing more or less other players in the party, since my little sis was shy and too scared to play with other people >w<

Well, after that came to an end, I decided to write a Hobbit-fanfiction (yes.... that was during that phase...) and since I thought "hey! Eldred and Kevron would fit perfectly in here" I went ahead and made them the main characters of that fanfic.

So now I stumbled across this little picture I drew in 2018.... tbh it was so unfinished, that I'm just gonna post the sketch in here haha, so bear with me:

And after realising that this was made, whilst I was writing on the third book in the fanfic-series, which is around where I trashed the fanfic-concept and decided to just relocate everything into my own worldbuilding project and change everything...

And after realising that this was made, whilst I was writing on the third book in the fanfic-series, which is around where I trashed the fanfic-concept and decided to just relocate everything into my own worldbuilding project and change everything up a ton, I realised just how different the Ruindir we know now, is to Eldred.

So fo funsies, I went ahead, dug out some real old doodles from 2017 and that old reference-folder for Eldreds design on my old-old phone and wanted to draw him in my current style, so we could compare the two, now completely different, characters!

So, Eldeth was born as the daughter of Eleanor and Bothor. She was their only daughter and heir to the Fireforgean Throne... which sucked, because that's literally what she didn't want in life.

Instead, she ran away from home, pretended to be a boy and joined the Order of Paladins. There she became hella famous under the name "Eldred" and found her best friend Kevron along the way, who developed a brother-like relationship.
A god also came along and gave her the power to shapeshift (thats what happened in her view), meaning she just turned into a male version of herself and ran around as Eldred completely, finding out that he may be genderfluid.