Chapter 2

~ ?’s POV~

I awaken when a sharp vibration shivers through my prison, accompanied by a hollow ~Thunk!~ sound.

I can also hear the sounds of many people moving, talking and calling orders around me. Soon the whole chamber I’m in shakes and shivers from the resounding blows coming from all sides.

Shards of ice drop down on me, and I try to shift as I see chunks of ice falling away from my small window, and groan when pain zips through me.

~Logan’s POV~

I watch, utterly still as several back SUV’s screech to a halt in the clearing, and the doors open to release a small group of heavily armed soldiers in dark uniforms. They all move around with purpose, some to establish a perimeter, while other grab various tools: axes, ice picks, hammers, drills and flamethrowers, and head towards the huge ice ball in the clearing.

As this happens, more and more troops continue to arrive, and soon the place is swarming with them. Then to my utter shock and surprise, a helicopter appears overhead, and descends into the clearing. One of the doors slides open and several people repel to the ground.

One person in particular captures my interest, and I freeze when I see her - a woman clad in dark green, with pitch black, wavy hair. I freeze when I see her, recalling the many dark memories of her when I ran into her when I was on S.H.I.E.L.D. buisness.

She walks over with the others who repelled to the chunk of ice, and they all silently watch the men hard at work, hacking away small chunks of ice. She watches for a few minutes before shifting on her feet, having quickly gotten impatient.

Finally she snarls at one of the men standing nearby, and grabs the flamethrower from his hands. The other men quickly look up at her, and jump out of the way, narrowly missing being burned by the spout of flame shooting out of the barrel. The lady steps forward, directing the blaze at the ice, ignoring the calls of the others as they attempt to dissuade her from her actions.

Soon, they give up, and other men follow the lady’s lead, heating the ice and swiftly melting it with their own flamethrowers. Satisfied, the lady steps back, handing the weapon back to its original owner, and wipes her brow.   

A few minutes of watching the men melt the ice, the lady raises her hand and calls to the men. They nod to her and head off, replaced by new workers armed with hand tools. They hack at the softened ice yet again, and soon reveal a dark metal container hidden within the thick layer of ice.

The lady stops those men, and they stand back. She turns, and waves forward a man holding a cutting torch for metal. He goes to work on the metal joints, and I sigh, perplexed.

‘Why would they send something up in a box, coated in ice?’

I shake my head, and dismiss the errant thought, when a voice suddenly says, “Hey! What are ve looking at?”