One

Willow felt like she was about to burst from excitement when she heard her brother's car pull up. She's been waiting for this day ever since she applied, she had been anticipating this exact moment. A few years ago her brother, Reed, had moved to California so that Willow could live with him while she studied at California Institute of the Arts. The day was finally here, Willow had been dreaming of this day ever since she was 12.

"Willow, come on, you guys need to be leaving soon," Mrs Griffin shouted from downstairs.

Willow grabbed her bags and bolted down the stairs, her smile so big she was sure it would tear her cheek.

"I'm here," she said breathlessly, both arms occupied by a ridiculous amount of bags.

Reed chuckled at the sight, "Let me help you,"

He took the bags and went to go out them in the car. Willow turned to her mother who had tears in her eyes.

"Mom, don't cry, you're gonna make me cry," Willow responded, her voice cracking.

"Hey, hey, hey, this isn't the reaction I got when I left, that's a bit unfair don't you think?"

Both women laughed, "Okay, you guys should get going, I'll see you in a few months,"

Willows eyebrows furrowed, "You're going to be fine, right mom?"

"Of course honey, you don't have to worry about me," she paused "your dad would be so proud of you both." Mrs Griffin smiled.

"Thanks mom," the siblings whispered.

"Okay it's time you guys left, love you,"

The car ride was mostly silent, music playing.

Willow's heart was beating out of her chest, she couldn't believe this was happening.

Reed quirked his eyebrow at his sister, "So, you know how you were begging me to get you that job at the station?"

"No," she pursed her lips and shook her head, "I don't think remember ever asking you to get me a job,"

"Well, you're in luck cause you got the job," he smirked proudly.

"Reed, you know I just wanna focus on my studies and I don't have time for a job right now,"

"I know, but think about how much money you will make, you're an adult now you need to look after yourself."

Willow rolled her eyes in response

"Oh come on, a job is just what you need."

"What I need is free time to make and hang out with friends. I can't do that when I have a job to attend to,"

"And you will be able to do that, it's not like you're going to work everyday and trust me you're going to need the money and the job,"

"Now why would I need money when I have you," Willow smiled sweetly at her brother.

Reed laughed, "Trust me Willow, you need your own job to make you own money. You can't always depend on me to give money."

"Fine, let's say I do agree to this get that job and the station, what would I have to do?"

"Not much, just filing closed cases, bringing us coffee,"

"Okay, fine, I'll do it," she rolled her eyes dramatically.

The car was silent once again.

"Oh yes!" Willow bounced in her seat, "How's Vicki?"

Reed had a wide grin in his face at the mention of his girlfriend's name.

"Great, she's great," the look in his eyes was definitely one of a man in love, but Willow would leave it at that.

Reed cleared his throat, "I'll drop you off at the university so you can get checked in, I'll pick you up after an hour and while your busy I'll drop your stuff off at your dorm, sound good?"

"Sounds great,"