Admiration as the sacred fire

They were in a field. A lush green field. The four of them were seated underneath a cherry blossom tree, the petals breaking free from the branches while flowing like a stream towards the earth. He was telling a story that one day. The same one that he's now. It's about a boy whose friend miraculously disappeared. But one day, he returned. Its a very simple story, which the boys liked. It gave them hope. Hope. It's a funny thing, isn't it? It sort of draws you into a false sense of security. Well, that's what one of the boys thought.

"Dad! Read it again, pleeeease?" Tommy slouched down and held his hands roughly together, as If he was begging for something important.

"Tommy, it's starting to get late. We need to head back now." Philza chuckled, stretching his wings as he stood up off the shaded grass. The sun was definitely setting. The exact same way as it did that day.

"Its getting dark Tommy, you don't want the monsters to come get you!" Wilbur imitates a supposed scary monster, mockingly snickering at his younger brother. Tommy crossed his arms like a toddler, "Wilby, I'm not a child anymore!" Techno looked up at Phil, his eyes certainly explaining what he wanted Phil to do.

"Alright boys, that's enough," Phil was about to continue before Techno took the words right out of his mouth. "I have a flying lesson tomorrow, it would be lovely if I actually got some sleep."

So they trod through the silk like grass to what their place of residency was. A small but cozy cabin, made out of spruce logs. The key fit snugly into the lock and with a creak, the door was opened. There wasn't anyone who really lived close to them, the door was mostly there to make them feel safe and to keep the animals away from taking the house for themselves. Seeing as it was late, everyone did feel drained and needed a bit of rest. They all had their own rooms, the cabin felt magical because even though it looks petite from the outside, the inside was big and spacious. Each of them said their Goodnights and fell asleep. All except one. He wasn't sure what was keeping him up, it felt like something was holding him down, like a huge weight which can never be lifted. He sat up. He stood up. And then Wilbur reached for his guitar. The music that was released when he plucked the strings was somewhat soothing. Silently, he hummed a small melody which would accompany the different chords that were being played.
                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was now rising, blinks of light were being scattered across the damp turf. Since the light was awakening, so was the household. Phil was normally the first one to awake, to make them breakfast. He'd overslept today and was in a hurry to get out the door with Techno, he had a flying lesson to attend to. A pair of small hands shook Wilbur awake, along with a voice to his surprise that had strings of fear in it. "Wilbur?" ah, it was Tommy.
"Tommy, what do you want?" Wilbur held a low tone, his eyes were opening. Well, very gradually.

"Will, I had a bad dream!"

"And how am I supposed to help?"

"I want a hug!"

"Phil exists for a reason, y'know?"

"Phil Isn't here!"

"He's not?" Will lifted himself off his pillow, only to see Tommy...tearing up? It was like an eclipse, like when the moon hides the sun. It suddenly felt cold, he felt bitter giving Tommy a tone to which probably sounded sour. He slid his legs to the side of his bed and bent down towards the wistful child.
"Tommy, he's only outside with Techno!" Wilbur attempted at reassuring the younger boy. Luck was by his side, since Tommy's face began to brighten up again. The eclipse had ended. "Techno's learning fly, isn't he?" Wow, fast mood change.
"I believe so." Will seemed to sound confused, yet he was certain they were outside. Hopefully.