Chapter XLI

[Hi! I have missed you all like hell. Enjoy this long awaited chapter!:*]

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ - ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

"How do you feel?" Hermione asked me. I stood with her in front of the graveyard's entrance. It was around thirty minutes before the ceremony of my father's funeral was supposed to begin. We were only waiting for the guests to arrive.

"Weird? I don't know, how am I supposed to feel?.." I murmured. My eyes were tired but the woe wasn't truly visible. Guess I wasn't really adjusted to the thought that I would have to say goodbye my own father forever..

As we stood alone, Hermione grabbed my hand sharing her warmth with me. I truly needed that now. As if she knew what was best for me, like that caring mother I never actually had.. She looked at me with pure love and concern now.

It's been two weeks.

Two damn weeks while I was left in uncertainty from everyone. From Draco. From Harry. From the whole world. I lost the feeling of being. As simple as that. Such a wreck I became. I lost myself completely after all these incomprehensible events took place. The space around me didn't seem light anymore, any brightness was directly destroyed by my dark thoughts.

I was drowning in the ocean of terror that I created myself.

Slow breaths and eyelids refusing to stay up. My heart begun beating faster.. I was so nervous. Nervous like when I saw Draco in the crowd of deatheaters. The fear continued to consume me.

"Maya! I'm so sorry about your father again, we're here for you" a familiar voice made me turn to the side. My eyes finally widened and earned a sparkle. It was him. My favourite Hufflepuff.

"Oh my god, Cedric! You're back!" I raised my voice with joy. He looked.. well, all in one piece and healthy. Now the tears suddenly formed in my eyes. My heated body rushed to hug him.

"Yes, I had to be here.. for you Flower" He smirked, embracing me even harder. I lost myself in his arms, finally relaxing my body.

"Thank you Diggory, I'm glad you're all right, loser" I laughed softly and he leaned back a little. I saw the bright smile on his face, which I missed most. Meeting with him now made me, for the slightest second, forget why was I in the graveyard in the first place.

"Don't stress yourself too much Mays, the pleasure is on me" He stroked my cheek with his thumb, now embracing my face a little. But then the atmosphere broke...

"Hey Harry, glad you made it" Hermione's words hit my ears and I froze. I didn't talk with Harry during those two weeks at all. As if we became strangers all over again.. just as we both needed support now, the most that we have ever longed for in our lifes, but suddenly we weren't able to help one, another.

"Hey, yea I did.." Potter spoke. He was quiet and nervous too, I could tell like no one else.

Me and Cedric already pulled away from our hug and now I stood with my eyes pierced right onto Harry's face.

"Can we speak?" He questioned me, letting his eyes meet with mines. An overwhelming wave of anxiety run through my body. I wasn't ready to listen to all these excuses, not right before my father's funeral..

"Not really, I'm not in the mood to acknowledge your helpful advice" I threw hurriedly. As soon as I watched his disappointed expressions, I begun to regret the way I reacted... Guess it was too late now.