Xtreme Gymnasium Business Card

VI. Xtreme Gymnasium Business Card

Faim returned to his home in the rural region of the village as he crossed the bridge and walked a couple of miles to reach his house as the Sun was at its peak. Eimy had swept the floor and returned to the kitchen to check on the stove as she put down the broom next to the countertop and opened the lid of the pot as steam came out. The smell of chicken breasts and oregano wafting her nostrils as she picked up a fork to puncture the meat, verifying the texture.

She then flipped the chicken breasts one by one before she picked up the spoon to taste the stew. “Needs more salt.”

Eimy picked up the salt shaker and sprinkled it before she heard knocking on her door. She put down the lid and let the steam rise from the crevice of the lid as she headed to the front door and unlocked it. As she opened the door, the sunlight peeked in only to see that her brother returned home, much to her disappointment. “You're back.”

“Good afternoon,” Faim greeted as he nostrils picked up the smell of homecooked chicken.

“I thought you finally moved out of the house to start training under the man you wouldn't stop rambling about.” Eimy spoke as her older brother stepped into the house and walked down the hallway to the kitchen.

“I was, but I wasn't chosen to be his disciple.” Faim replied as his nostrils inhaled the smell of mouth watering poultry, “Smells good, I'm famished.” Faim took out his seat and sat as he waited for lunch.

“No, the chicken breasts I'm cooking are for me. Since I deserve a break from working all week while you were out trotting. If you want to eat in this humble abode, you'll have to clean the house or get a job if you want a homecooked meal.” Eimy reminded him.

“I'll clean my room after lunch.” Faim said but Eimy wasn't having any of Faim's excuses.

“After you make your own lunch.” Eimy stated as she removed her apron and tossed it to him.

“C'mon sis, I already got whooped by Koh this morning.” Faim whined.

“I know, you should've thought of that before you went gallivanting to fight for your own amusement.” Eimy smirked as she watched her brother groan as he stood up with his back pulsating and his stomach grumbling for food.

Faim walked to the refrigerator as he grabbed the handle.

“Don't forget to wash your hands.” Eimy warned while the blonde fighter furrowed his eyebrows and dashed to the kitchen sink to wash his hands while Eimy sat down on the chair made out of oak.