You ready?

VII. YOU READY?

As enthused as Faim might seem, there was a small part of him that said no.

The small thought that came to his head as a whisper. No.

Oftentimes a naysaying voice could pop immediately, out of nowhere, to cripple your self esteem. It would've came in handy if your subconscious placed an alarm to warn you of the danger that may lie ahead. Unfortunately, the negative thought was a constant obstacle that every conscious being has to combat with from time to time. Some more than others.

The thought that he ignored countless times was as persistant as he was, obstinate.

He reminded himself that he's going to the gym to see if it was as extreme as it claimed to be.

No. He didn't put on his cerulean sweatshirt and grey sweatpants on his way out.

No. He didn't just trot midway to leave his village and took a trolley to go to the capital.

No. He didn't just ran to find the Xtreme Gymnasium and peeked through the glass window.

But he definitely did.

He wasn't going to let himself get intimidated by strange contraptions and massive muscles, on the contrary, he'll take on the behemoth.

No way.

He agreed with the little voice in his head, but for different reasons.

No way was he going to miss testing the elegant equipment they had.

No way was he going to allow that pessimistic thought discourage him from reaching that door.

No way was he going job hunting, not until he was certain that he found the right one.

Faim faced the door and he was only a push away from entering that door.

You ready?

The thought dropped the question, it was a simple two word question, yet entailed a decision. Ask yourself this: are you ready to take the next step despite knowing that you will fail miserably at the attempt?

Yes.

Faim convinced himself.

There will be mistakes, there will be obstacles, there will be opposition at every turn. Trials and errors to face, but it's worth failing than to not have tried all.

Yes, I'll go through that door to face what lies ahead of me.

He pushed through that door and let his doubts behind him.