Chapter X

Confession

In between my blurred sight, I could see Ervius looking down on me. I was laying down the bed.

"What happened?", I asked him.

"You collapsed when you are trying to run away from me.", he said.

He made a look as if he was about to cry.

"I am glad, I am really glad.", he said as he hugged me.

I couldn't resist my tears. It was the only way for him to look at me. Why do I needed to get hurt just to know if someone truly loves me?

"I'm sorry, I led you to this situation...", Ervius said with a miserable voice.

I slowly hugged Ervius who was also hugging me.

This warmth and familiar smell-

"I really missed you, I am sorry for avoiding you.", I said.

"My whole life, I never imagined someone by my side. It's not because it's you, but maybe it's because of you. My whole life has been painful, with you by my side, I don't want to see your tears. I am sorry for making you hate me. I did it so you could go without regrets.", he then said.

"So, I ask you once again, do you hate me that much?", he asked me.

I couldn't answer directly.

"You! Seriously?", I said.

"Answer me."

Before I even finished my words, he spoked first.

"I chose you, that means I like you. I did try to make you like me. Why would you think that I hate you?"

"That's because you ran away."

He looks like he was about to cry. Ervius looked worried.

"You, you didn't tell me also if you like me or not.", I said.

"How am I supposed to know if you are always cold to me?", I added.

"How many guys in this world would marry a girl he doesn't like? Huh? I thought you'd know. Just think about it, remember when you accidently destroyed the stacks of paperworks in my office? How about when you spilled the coffee? I am mysophobic, which means I hate being untidy. But I didn't let it bother me. Also, I let you in my office, and I let you work with me. I defended you from those who despised you in the feast. Then, I looked for you when you ran away, I offered you an umbrella, so you don't get sick. I hate being in the rain but, I was soaked in the rain because I did it for you. Isn't that enough for me to express that I like you? Do you think it would be possible if I hate you?", he replied.

"......", I felt silent. I couldn't respond to his words.

"Ervius? Tell me straightforwardly."

It is when I get to hear those words from him for the first time.

"I like you; I really like you."

"One more time.", I said.

"I like you; I really do. How many times do I have to tell you this to make you satisfied?", he jokingly said.

I jumped into his arms and hugged him.

"You are the first girl to hug this cold prince.", he said.

"Then, I would be honored, since I am the chosen one, right?", I replied.

"...Right. And you are the first girl this cold prince has fallen in love at first sight."

"Right, at first.... Wait, what?! AT FIRST SIGHT???"

Ervius avoided my eyes with blushed face.

"If I hadn't fallen in love at first sight, I wouldn't have obeyed the order to get married to you."

What am I supposed to do, without him?