Chapter 12: Meet the Healer

It was a nice day and we can see Y/n at Mariko's store to buy some stuff before he head to the guild to grab a job and get paid. He wear the slayer armor he gotten from Aoi and Michi on his birthday and he was showing it to Mariko while he is there.

Mariko: (surprised) Wow you actually look pretty cool. How dose it feel?

Y/n: (smile) Pretty nice and comfortable as well. No wonder Aoi like her own armor and decided to make me one.

Mariko: Yeah and I'm sorry for not being in your birthday yesterday, I've gotten a lot of customers come here and argue about the weapons they have gotten even though the weapons are fine.

Y/n: That must be stressful.

Mariko: Very stressful!

Y/n: (smile) Well that's alright and maybe when your free, I can take you somewhere relaxing.

Mariko: (blush) r-really? I-I know I said I was stressful but not that kind of stress.

Y/n: (smile) Don't worry you deserve one. You work hard to keep this store up so you deserve some break.

Mariko: (blush) Thanks, can't wait for it.

Y/n smiles and brought the things he needed and left to store before waving goodbye to Mariko and left. Y/n walsk through the street heading to his guild when someone appear outside of the Mariko's store and watch Y/n's walk off with a creepy smirk on his face.

(Short while later)

Y/n was at the guild and sat around on a table with Aoi, Miya, Ai, Unkan and Yogi as they have their breakfast and after they were done, Leiko walks over and asked with a warm smile.

Leiko: (smile) Hey guys, enjoy your meal?

Y/n: (smile) It was awesome Leiko.

Miya: (smile) Yeah thank you so much.

Leiko: (smile) Glad you enjoyed it.

Yogi: So what adventures are we gonna do today?

Yogi: Hmmm there is a nearby village that needs protection from bandits.

Ai: Oh! What about a treasure hunt job! I heard there is these cursed castle that has treasure.

Aoi: What about slaying Goblins.

Miya: I think we'll think about that.

Y/n thinks for something but his mind suddenly remind him of a name that Bullet told him yesterday afternoon and decided to ask Leiko.

Y/n: Hey Leiko, remember yesterday that you said you know this guy named Keyaru. Can you tell us more about him?

Leiko: Oh him. Well what I've heard he has this very rare magic called Recovery.

Y/n: What dose Recovery do?

Leiko: It allows healers to heal anyone from anything. For example, if your arm is cut off or legs broken, the healer can use recovery and not only the pain will be gone but their bones will be fixed and cut off arms will be regrowth within seconds. But...it comes in a cost.

Unkan: Cost?

Yogi: And what cost is that?

Leiko: The healer his or herself will received these pains when ever they heal someone. That's why it's a very rare magic because it cost people to either go insane of the pain or commit suicide just to get rid of the pain.

Y/n: (shocked) Holy crap.

Aoi: That's horrible.

Leiko: Indeed but surprisingly Keyaru is the only one that resisted these pains and gotten new magic abilities over the years and build up a party because of it.