25

I strode past the hallway as I dismissed my lecture. I hopped into the car and stepped on the gas. Mom was waiting for me. The hanging photo of my dear ones caught my eyes. A sigh escaped my lips owing to the fact that so many things have gone through change for the past four years. After dropping her off the grocery store, I went to see my kids. They're not tiny knee-high anymore, some of them are now going to finish elementary schools as well. Who knew spending time with these angels would make me feel like a mom myself? I certainly grew up. 

After finishing my packed schedule, I made my way to the park. I approached slowly towards the wooden shrine alongside the iron railings of the lake. The gentle spring breeze touched my skin and and blew through my hair and upon glancing towards the baby pink velvety cherry blossoms swerving and getting scattered on the ground. I muffled up inside my overcoat and took off my glasses. I almost dozed off against the oak pillar in the graceful scent, when someone whispered softly by me, "You never stopped looking lovely, did you?" How hopeless romantic those pick up lines could be I noted in my mind.

Hold on-

I pushed my glasses over my nose and stared at the man beside me. I stuttered, "You?-" and got on my feet. In a flash, I started chasing him but after a while, he grabbed me and lifted me off the ground and started spinning abruptly. I couldn't help but laughing all my hearts out. Afterwards, we rode on a boat and he was rowing. The setting sun glimpsed over the translucent water of the lake through the treetops, the pink flower leaves shined majestically beneath us. It felt heavenly to accomplish everything we both dreamed of. There he was, Byun Baekhyun, in all his vibrancy, next to me. The nature put on a delightful attire, so did we in the splendour. 

And that happened to be our serene love. 

The corner of his mouth curved slightly upwards and he leaned over me. His satin lips delicately brushed over mine. Simultaneously, the whole world disappeared. 

                                                                       The End

                                                                       The End