Chapter 19 : Defence

" KID ! Watch out ! " Kakashi shouted urgently as the first shot zinged past Boruto's head. Kakashi flipped the desk and they both hid behind it before the three other shots slammed at the back of the bookshelf. 

" You idiot ! We want them alive ! " they both heard as they stared in front of them. Boruto heard a small sound of friction in the air and turned to see Kakashi twirling one of those old fashioned Kunais. The black blade gleaming slightly. 

As they were distracted, Kakashi launched himself above the overturned table and threw his Kunai at one of the assailants. He dropped to the ground, his hands instantly coming to where the Kunai had landed. The man's chest heaved as blood spurted from the wound. 

The second one aimed his weapon at Kakashi but the masked man had already retrieved his Kunai and had sliced the man's hand so the weapon clattered on the floor. 

Alarmed and in pain, the assassin looked around. Kakashi had disappeared from his vision, he looked around urgently, seeing a mop of blond hair peering above the table.

He made for the table until he heard a voice behind him. 

" Hello there. " 

He stopped and tried swinging at his back, to no effect. 

" 1000 years of PAIN ! " Kakashi shouted and there was a delayed reaction as the man's face began to sweat and go through every possible reaction he could muster. He dropped on the ground, clutching his backside as the pain began to propagate itself all the way through his body. 

Boruto chose this moment to rise and look. He saw Kakashi crouched and with both his index fingers placed together pointing upwards. 

He looked at the man on the floor and made a quick deduction. 

" Are you shitting me... " he mumbled, this time facepalming. 

" Come on, there's more of these bastards. " Kakashi said, peering through the broken door. 

Boruto shook his head and advanced by Kakashi as they waited for a sure chance to head back to the classroom. 

_________________________

Sasuke sat on his leather desk chair and thought. The events of the past week were still fresh in his mind. He wanted to know more but couldn't. It frustrated him beyond words. 

He dropped his gaze to the picture of him and Itachi before his... last mission. He extended his hand and touched his brothers face. 

" What should I do now, Elder Brother... " he said to himself. A knock sounded at the door. 

" Enter. " 

It opened and, surprisingly, he saw Sarada. They had agreed that she would accompany Boruto on moments when he was alone and without surveillance. 

" Sarada ? I thought__ "

" He disappeared again. I couldn't find him at the school gate. " She quickly said. She was sweating in her skirt. As if she had run a very long distance and had not stopped for nothing. 

Sasuke looked at her eyes and saw the alarmed and fearful look. Suddenly, he saw Sakura all those years ago... Scared, bruised but alive. He swore to himself and on Boruto's strength that that would never happen to Sarada. 

" Damn it. " Sasuke said rising from his seat and advancing quickly to the next room to get prepared. 

Sarada caught her breath then perceived a piece of paper on the desk. It stood out slightly as it had been folded very neatly. She wasn't the nosy type but she was drawn to this one.