The Dark prince.

"Your Highness it's time to get up." Said one of my ladies-in-waiting; Lady Nichol.

I groan, waking up, wiping my long blonde hair out of my face, and sit up in bed. I look around my room at the same ivory walls, decorated with portraits of myself, and ocean side window view. I sigh knowing this is just another day of hiding the truth; the truth of my gender. I dismiss my lady-in-waiting, get out of bed, and grab my corset; then tightening it to make my chest appear as though I had a chest. I put on my dress, heels, and tiara; before exiting my room.

"Princess Talya Victoria Goldberg, King Arnold has requested your presence." Said Lady Whitewood.

"Thank you Lady Whitewood for informing me." I say with the up most feminine royal tone.

I make my way to the Throne room; while on my way I pass by the royal gardens. Where I'm greeted with the sound of singing birds, humming bees, and the whistling breeze; However the calm quiet morning was about to change to loud and unnerving.
I arrive at the Throne room to find a handsome looking man with shoulder length black hair standing tall in front of my father. So I quickly and quietly go to stand next to my father King Arnold Micheal Goldberg.

"Prince Victor Valdes Elvyr you came here with a proposition for a peace treaty between our lands. With the goal of bringing prosperity to our people, with the promise to provide resources, and protection." Spoke King Arnold.

"Yes King Arnold Micheal Goldberg. That is my reason for coming here today." Spoke Prince Victor Valdes Elvyr.

"What is it you hope we can provide for your kingdom in return?" My father asks.

"All we ask for is for your alliance between our kingdoms." The prince said.

"And if I agree to this offer what will stand as proof of this Treaty?" Asked father.

"How about an engagement between our families?" Proposed the prince.

"What do you think my daughter?" Father asks me.

I look at my father, my eyes widened with shock; before I recompose myself, and respond with a nod.

"Alright it is settled then we will form this treaty with an engagement between you Prince Victor Valdes Elvyr and my daughter Princess Talya Victoria Goldberg." Decreed my father King Arnold Micheal Goldberg.

It's been three days since my engagement to Prince Victor Valdes Elvyr, and I still haven't spoken a word with the man. Right now I'm out in the gardens listening to a lecture from my tutor about how I need to stop letting my mind wonder. I just nod in response, and try to figure out how I'm going to keep my promise to my deceased mother, the late Queen Eleanor Alaya L. Goldberg. That promise to keep my true gender hidden.

"Princess Talya Victoria Goldberg are you even listening?" Asked my Tutor.

"I am Mrs. Whitmore." I reply.

"Then tell me what I just said." Mrs. Whitmore said in return.

"You said. That when I am to become Queen that I can not let my thoughts wonder from what tasks I have on hand, for my responsibilities are more important than my fantasies." I recite; having heard the lecture too many times already.