I Know You Don't Love Me

You wandered through a nearby botanical garden not too far from the main shopping district of the Devildom. Brilliant, almost luminescent plants filled the area; all vastly different from the plant life in the human realm. Your latest assignment was to walk around in Devildom nature and record some observations about the plant life. Specifically for you as a human exchange student, you were to compare them to plant life in the human realm to aid in your Devildom studies at RAD. You reached your hand out to feel the leaves of a few plants which looked relatively safe to touch. You noted how they felt as your memory recalled how leaves of plants back home often felt. Some of the Devildom plants' leaves felt rough and almost coarse while others felt almost like what you'd envision a cloud to feel like. There were a few that felt full and firm as if they were filled with water. They reminded you of the leaves of a jade plant you once took care of. You looked up towards the heads of the taller plants. Vivid petals that practically glowed while others had deep green and brown heads. Looking down you noted some of the smaller plants or the stems of those which grew from underground. Although some resembled plants from earth, they all seemed so different from the plant life you were familiar with. As you bent down to examine some of the smaller flora, a tall and muscular demon boy walked up to you. You recognized the pants and shoes and looked up to see the tall Beelzebub standing above you.

"Hi (Y/N)," Beel greeted with a smile. You stood up and smiled at him and returned the greeting. "I've never seen you around here before."

"Yeah, I came here for a class. I have to study plant life and Lucifer let me know about the botanical garden so...here I am." You explained as you stuffed your notes away in your bag. "What about you? What are you doing here?"

"I grow plants sometimes. And I help out the owner." Beel said just before his stomach growled. "Plus sometimes I harvest some ingredients to make food. Food tastes better sometimes when it's grown by yourself." A precious smile upon Beel's face beamed even brighter as he talked about food. You couldn't help but to laugh at his goofy love of food. "Do you need any help?"

You looked at him surprised for a moment before quickly accepting his help. After all, you could barely even recognize poison ivy back on earth, just imagine if you accidentally touched something like it down here without realizing. So you spent the afternoon walking through the expansive garden with Beel, taking all kinds of notes and even educating him on plants back in the human world.

...

"(Y/NNNNNNN)" Asmodeus whined as he went to your room. Once he got in, he realized you weren't there and only whined louder as he went to look for you. Upon realizing you really weren't there, he made his way around to ask any brothers that might be home. None had seen you. For a moment, Asmo felt worried then he bumped into Lucifer as he made his way to his office.

"Oh hello, Asmo. All your homework done for the day?" Inquired Lucifer.

"Yeah, it's done." Asmo huffed, knowing he hadn't really done much of it. "Have you seen (Y/N)? Something I bought for them just came in and I'm so eager to have them try it out!" He practically squealed as he explained his plans, energy filling up and causing him to bounce slightly as well.

"I see, well they aren't home right now. They're out working on a school assignment." Lucifer explained. "I'm sure you'd just distract them so try to wait for them to come home."

Asmo rolled his eyes. "Did you let them go alone?" His excitement quickly vanished as Asmo put his weight on one leg and crossed his arms.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Oh nothing except for the fact that you chew me out for bringing them to a party when they were okay with it and Mammon was even there, but you just let them run around the Devildom completely alone when they can easily get lost and you know very well that there are demons out there that won't hesitate to gobble them up." Asmodeus stared at Lucifer with a sharp and fixed gaze, daggers shooting from his eyes. Lucifer stared right back with the usual stone cold and stern expression. "Don't even try to pretend that you just don't trust me to do anything."