Chapter 1: First Judgement

(2016 A/N: I see there are a LOT of mistakes on my part. I'll need to clean this up...)

(A/N: As content and theories and mechanics are added there will be a lot of explaining.)

Third Person Narrative||Federation Territory|Devil's Pass

Three Federation "Maelstrom" Cruisers were on their way back to base, crossing through a low-density astroid field. It was named "Devil's Pass" because partway through the astroid field there was a nebula gas cloud.

Suddenly, a blip appeared on their designated "Seeker" ARS-12 (Augmented Radar Scanner) sensors system.

"Sir, there's something on radar..." The Sensors Operator said.

"Well bring it up!" The Commander said. It was a radio energy flare, like another ship pinging with a HAPS (High Powered Sensors Array). The Commander opened up a radio channel.

"En garde, there's an enemy in the shadows." The Commander said. Little did he know, he was right. Just on the inside of the asteroid field and nebula was the ISSD Striker, a Divinity Scout Class. (A/N: ISSD means "Inter-Stellar Scout; Divinity." This is the ship class and nationality regardless of pirate or renegade status. ISCF means "Inter-Stellar Cruiser; Federation.)

The Striker was the smallest in it's Class with the best stealth and weaponry. Things like Particle Accelerators which acted as a physical replacement for basic lasers, DMS Cannons (Dark Matter Singularity) that wiped out and overloaded shields, drones and missiles, MSL Missile Launchers (Multiple Simultaneous Launch), and variants of the Ion Cannon and the Halberd (or Pike?) beam made up the Ion Lance that tore through shields and knocked out systems. The Particle Accelerator usually came with the Nebula Condensation module, increasing rate of fire and damage of the Accelerator.

It also came equipped with three EMP cores that would knock out enemy ships that were near enough. This had a drawback; the ISSD Striker had poor Electronic Interference Shielding, causing damage and overloading a system. Another ace that the ISSD Striker had up it's sleeve was Variable Digital Armor, a programmable material that can change it's properties. The armor itself had shield energy which saturated onto points of damage. When the armor becomes too saturated it either becomes unstable and explodes on the operator or the operator will release this energy. This will broadcast the ship's position and uncloak the ship, enabling the recharge of the Digital Armor.

The ship had ERC (Enhanced Resonance Cloaking) projectors, shielding the Striker from low-powered but not medium and high-powered scanning. The ship also came equipped with an Aegis MAPS (Medium Power Scanning Array) and Silent Drive engines. Silent Drive kept the ship from giving out it's position when it moved and prevented the output of Ion Trails. Ion Trails were unique to a ship and lasted a very long time. Unfortunately Silent Drive lacked efficency, resulting in slower FTL charging and less dodge.

If the Striker was ever overpowered the last trick they had was the Divinity Escape Module. This empowered the shields, weapons and engines at the cost of no dodge. It gave it a supershield for some time and a temporary third shield layer as the ship only had two shields. In addition it forced the redoployment of shields, risking shields overload that would cause feedback, damage to the shields systems. This also sped the charging of the FTL and sped weapon charging and increased damage output to energy-based weapons such as it's DMS Cannon. A last resort was the A-401-C, a designated WMD (Weapon of Mass Destruction) capable of destroying an entire batallion.

The ISSD Striker had a modified O2 system, only capable of outputting 50%. This was compensated for by equipping the crew with mobile respirators. In addition the ship had a medical bay with remote access to the ship's core systems. For scrap recovery it had multiple tow cables for slow yet efficient scrap recovery.