Chapter 1

Once again, Kai has gotten himself killed. This time somehow feels different. He would usually pop up again after a day or so, but it has been two weeks since i last seen him. Could he really be dead this time? I mean he never stays dead, he magically resurrects himself EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Kai and I had quite a toxic relationship, I love him though. He has cheated on me 3 times, but i love him too much to leave him. I know what everyone thinks of me, naïve. Obviously none of my friends know he has cheated before. Otherwise they would kill him for cheating, and me for forgiving him. I miss having his stupid ass around.

I've convinced myself he will be back, and for the time being I'm going to take a small holiday to Atlanta. I grew up in Atlanta, before my mom found out my dad was fucking our neighbour, so she filed for a divorce, packed up our things and moved me and my twin off to a small town, Mystic Falls. I still visit my dad on special occasions, but i've decided to make a short trip to visit him now. He knows i'm coming, only problem is i cannot stay at his place. His new wife AKA the neighbour, hates me. Plus they have a full house. Yes my father had 3 more children with this woman, along with caring for her 2 other children.

***

I say my goodbyes with my mom, i feel bad she will be alone for the next 2 weeks as my sister has went back to college. Elena is waiting in the drive to take me to the airport. As i get into the car she greets me with a warm smile before grabbing my hand.

"How you holding up?" she asks, smile disappearing.

"What do you mean?" i ask in utter confusion.

"You know..." she trails off.

"The whole Kai dying thing" she mumbles.

I still worry that this time he will not return, but i don't want to burden anyone with my worries.

"I know he will be back, he's probably off in New Orleans harassing Esther to make him into an Original" i smile.

Elena giggles. "See Jess, this is what i love about you. You look for the best in every situation.

***

As we continue the long drive to the airport, we have deep conversations, crack jokes and it even got emotional. Elena fills me in on all the Damon gossip. She overshares just a little, but i don't mind. I even gave her a little gossip about Kai and I. We finally reach the airport, she helps me pull my suitcase out of the trunk. I pull her into a tight hug, thanking her for the ride.

"Thankyou Elena" i smile.

She gives me a sad smile. "I'll miss you"

"It's only two weeks Elena, not a whole lifetime" i smile.

She pulls me in for one final hug.

We stay like that for a couple minutes before finally pulling away.

She wipes her eyes. "Go before i change my mind and make you stay!" she playfully pushes me.

I raise my hands in surrender. "Fine, im going!" i smirk.

"Don't do that look back thing that you always see in movies, it's cheesy" she giggles.

"Oh don't worry, i won't" i say as i grab my suit case.

I begin walking away, hearing her shout her goodbyes behind me.