Chapter 3 - Meeting of the minds

Phil heads out for patrol again.

"Daaaad!" Wilbur yells as he hugs the man. "Stay safe!!" He let go and smiled sadly.

Phil laughs and ruffles his hair. "Don't worry. Now, go help Techno farm. And tonight, I'll listen to your new song!" Wilbur grinned and ran off. Phil sighed and took off the roof.

He heads first to the shelled out apartment building. Well, to say he found what he was looking for was an understatement.

"Tommy! Stop poking the bees! They don't like you!" Tubbo yelled. "Hush Tubbo, keep yelling and the few zombies around here will get you!" He says. Tubbo frowns and slouches against the wall. They both have flower crowns and bees are buzzing around. Suddenly, Tommy jumps up and starts shouting.

"Oi! Birdman!! Down here!!" He yells. A whoosh of wind, and standing in front of the two is Philza. "That was easy..." Tommy mutters.

Phil stares at the two for a moment. "Hey. You're that kid from yesterday..."

Tubbo nods. "I didn't want to talk to you without Tommy there. And we figured other survivors might draw you back here. But that was much quicker than I thought. I mean, we've only been here for an hour!" He explains.

Phil smiles. "Well! I have a couple questions and I'm sure you have some too. Do you have a base we can go to? Just to get out of the open."

Tubbo nodded, but Tommy stopped him. "Eh, not so fast. We can't trust you with our base location yet."

Phil smirks. "What if I already know where it is?"

"Well, that's impossible!" Tommy scoffs.

Phil glances at Tubbo who is blushing from embarrassment and looking down. "I can assure you I know. I kinda followed your friend here. By the way, I'm Philza, but you can call me, Phil!" He sticks a hand out, retracting it when it causes the boys to flinch. "Right...sorry." He mutters.

Tommy sighs after a glance at Tubbo. "Fine, you can come to our base. Just no taking things without asking." Phil agreed, and they started the short walk to their home.

In no time at all, they are sitting around a makeshift table in a cleared out aisle of their grocery store home. "So, you had questions?" Tommy asked.

Phil nods. "How did you survive on your own? Not so long ago the city was overrun."

Tommy and Tubbo look at eachother. "We were best friends in school. We were way too into zombie movies so we started forming a plan just in case something like this happened." Tommy explains.

Tubbo grins. "We got here at the veeeeery beginning. We barricaded the doors and stayed in here. It was kinda cool. After like, three months, we ventured out. I've never seen you before today. Tommy usually looks for new books or games in the houses. I find flowers and supplies!"

"It's good to see that all this hasn't ruined your life as kids." Phil said, smiling at the light hearted look on both the boy's faces. "So, I have an offer for you."

The boys nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"Would you like to come live with me and my sons?"