°Prologue°

Bounty hunter is a profession in which wanted persons are tracked down and handed over to the tendering institution for a reward, the "bounty". In the historical use of the term bounty hunter, no distinction is made between legal and illegal action. It is generally used to describe all persons who, for a reward, track down and hand over wanted persons on behalf of the state or private clients or provide proof of their death.

-Wikipedia

In the winter of 1939, in the very centre and origin of National Socialism, a highly confidential contract was drawn up with a mysterious young prisoner. Chains wrapped around his arms, legs and the wheelchair to which he was shackled. His eyes, as well as his mouth, were incapacitated and deprived of their senses. In comparison, the 20-year-old seemed almost harmless and gentle. As if it was a misunderstanding. But everyone in the room was panic-stricken by the doll. If one underestimated him, the frog would sneak up, stalk and wait for the right moment to entwine the vermin with its long, dexterous tongue. In the presence of this monster, one had to expect death at any time. Unpredictable. Two months ago, it was said, he stabbed four guards with a simple fingernail.

With great suspicion, they began to remove the frog's hands from the steel. Out came the triggers for all the blood and chaos. The fingers were pale and bony and most striking: no more nails. The sight was not to be missed, after all it was not exactly appetising to look at. The whole thing was the result of weeks of torture for the deceased officers. The eyes were deflated and piercing green eyes lit up. They brimmed with murderous lust and rage. The room brightened briefly due to the entry of a young boy. It was almost barbaric, like throwing the hare to the wolf. The boy had lived no more than 7 years and already he found himself in the company of such madmen. It could almost only be a Jew, because such a sacrifice would not be done to anyone else.

Would they?

Trembling, he placed the contract on the table in front of the monster. All that could be seen in him was a weapon, all humanity was gone. But the frog had no intention of harming a hair on the head of a small child. Even though it was obvious that such young beings would quickly be crushed by the wings of the Nazis. Minutes melted away, feeling like agonising hours. The frog carefully read through the text several times, eyes darting now and then to the little one. His fingers wrapped dramatically slowly around the pen and the ink soaked the piece of paper. He had no choice, although to outsiders it might seem that way.

This was the beginning of the collaboration between the most notorious bounty hunter at the time and the Nazis.