derek morgan| crowded room.

𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖- 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚣 & 𝟼𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 [𝚜𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍]

"Jonas," Devon Hampton's puzzled expression turned into an eager grin as she rushed to her boyfriend and hugged him, nuzzling her face in his chest. She was with her best friend, Derek Morgan, at a restaurant and wasn't expecting her boyfriend to walk in.

"Hey," he replied, blinking and Devon could tell he was surprised to see her as well.

"I thought you were on a business trip," she poked his chest and pecked his cheek, not wanting to make things awkward in public by showing too much PDA.

"I... came back early," he uttered and sat down next to her at a booth.

"We just finished a case last night and came here to celebrate," Devon explained, handing her boyfriend the menu.

"It's on me," Derek said but didn't look too happy about it. He was fine with treating Devon but he loathed Jonas.

Devon was the only one oblivious to that.

"What was the case about?" Jonas asked.

"A kidnapping case. Five women got kidnapped and stabbed to death," Devon said with a sorrowful gaze out the window. She had known one of the victims. She could've saved her too but they were too late. She reminded herself that they had jailed the unsub and he was serving his sentence.

"Let's not talk about work," Derek moved away from the sensitive subject, knowing about Devon's situation with the victim. He wanted to glare at Jonas for asking about work. Who even wants to ask his girlfriend about the dead bodies she has to look at on a date? They hadn't even seen each other or talked in a week and that was the first thing he brought up.

"Right," Jonas awkwardly cleared his throat. "Do you want to know about my day?" he asked Devon.

Derek closed his eyes to control his anger. If Devon was his girl, he would not be that oblivious. When Derek realized what he was thinking, his eyes slightly widened and he cleared his thoughts. Devon and Jonas were too busy talking to notice.

***

"Why do you hate him so much?" Garcia asked Derek who was glaring bullets at Jonas who just kissed Devon.

Part of the team (Garcia, JJ, Emily, Spencer, Derek, and Devon) stopped for ice cream together. Hotch and Rossi called and said they didn't have to come in for work until the evening so they were taking the calm weather as an advantage.

"He's just an asshole to Dev," Devon replied, licking his chocolate ice cream before it melted.

"She likes him just fine," JJ shrugged, joining them with her ice cream.

They watched Jonas and Devon snap a picture together before licking their ice cream.

"You like her," Emily exchanged evil grins with Spencer. "It's so obvious."

"Yeah," Spencer added, "your serotonin levels rise whenever she's with you."

"Her levels rise too- I can tell," JJ commented. "Her smile isn't as bright as it is with him than it is with you."

"I just wish she would see it too," Derek mumbled, hoping no one heard.

***

"What are you up to?" Derek asked Devon before she could leave. It was a slow day for them.

"Surprising Jonas with some food," she replied, shoving her keys in her purse.

"Oh, yeah," Derek forgot Jonas was back in Quantico. He sometimes forgot Devon even had a boyfriend since he was rarely over.