15

"We already know, Areum."

I was shocked as I threw the file I was reading under the bed as soon as I saw someone enter my room. It was Jay, Sunoo, and Jungwon.

"What d-do you mean ? Nothing is happening."

"We saw those files even a few months ago. So you don't have to be sad."

I looked at the file and back at the three. I wiped my tears and went out to the living room with them.

"I'm sorry. But I'll try my best to atleast get you better here."

They nodded with sad faces and went to the others. I never expected them to already know about this... They must have seen it from the other caretakers' files.

...

They were playing outside while I was inside cooking. It had been almost 1 hour of playing and when I went out there were only four out of seven right in front of my eyes.

"Where are the others ?"

I asked as I didn't see them going in the house as I was cooking. Jay, Ni-ki and Heeseung were missing.

"They went to play in the valleys."

I looked forward to see them coming back running as I heard laughter and screams.

"Where did you three go ?! You gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry, Jay chased us and he was too fast."

"Next time don't play that far okay ? Unless I'm out here with you. Pick up the toys and come in."

The three nodded as I headed in first.

Their POV

"Heeseung, got the rope ?"

"Yeah, Ni-ki needs to run upstairs and hid it."

"Does this mean we are getting out of here ?"

Sunoo asked picking up his bear plushie.

"Maybe, in one month. We will get out soon. Don't worry."

"We need to continue to try getting the rest of the things. We need this to work."

The others nodded while going inside.

...

It was another bright and sunny day, so I decided to let them play outside again as I prepare their meals.

Their POV

"Wait. We got everything right ?"

Jungwon asked as they formed a circle and sat down, pretending to play a game.

"We need to check something. Did you guys realise how fast Areum could find us when we played hide and seek. Or even when she found Sunoo in the valleys as he accidentally slept there ?"

"It was like she knew where we were every single time."

"That's where I think we have a tracker somewhere embed onto us because when we got in this place, we were paralyzed for 5 days right ?"

All of them nodded. Ni-ki then started touching everywhere on his body to find some sort of chip that could be used as a tracker.

"We need to find it."

"Or maybe we should test out something. We can send someone out far away."

Jake said pointing at the valleys.

...

They planned out a little more and decided to leave tonight. It's final.

They sent out poor Sunoo and Sunghoon as they both would be the bait. They entered the dark forest and waited somewhere. Sunoo was already crying as Sunghoon tried to calm him down.

The others called Areum out and said that the two were not back yet. They all observed her pull out a small black square device which is only the size of her whole palm. The others looked at each other and mumbled 'bingo'.

Areum asked them to go inside as she went to go fetch the two who were in the valleys. This gave the others time to do things. Jake stayed at the living room and peeping at when Areum is going to come back.

"Jay and Heeseung go to the store room and grab the fuel. Ni-ki and I will close off Areum's office room. Quick ! We have to leave tonight !"

The four quickly split up and did their tasks. Ni-ki and Jungwon went to Areum's room and went to the bookcase. They took out the book which had the keyhole. Ni-ki had the key when he took it from Areum two days ago. Areum only goes in the room for reports every Sunday.

They are already experienced with the other caretakers. If anything happened, she can't access that room and ask for help.They quickly inserted the key and jammed the key in, breaking it in two, making it impossible to open.

They put everything back into place and ran to help Heeseung and Jay.

"GUYS WE HAVE 2 MINUTES ! THEY ARE COMING BACK !"

Jake yelled as he saw Areum bringing the two back.

"JAKE GET YOUR BUTT HERE ! WE NEED TO GET THIS TO THE MAIN CHECKUP ROOM !!"

Heeseung yelled as all of them moved 7 boxes into the infirmary.

"C'MON GUYS 3 MORE BOXES ! WE CAN'T FAIL THIS !"

They ran back and forth to get the boxes and shoving it in the infirmary. Jake glanced one more time as they shoved the last box in the room.

"GUYS SHE IS DOWNSTAIRS ! I DON'T SEE HER ANYMORE-"

"Quickly run downstairs, fast. We can't let her think anything."

As they were running down the hallways, Areum was making her way upstairs already.

"Wait, THE ROPE."

Ni-ki said stopping in the middle of the hallway. He ran back to his room quickly and got the rope. The others were already downstairs.

"Where's Ni-ki ?"

"I thought-"

All of them looked at each other eyes widened.

They forgot about the rope, closing Areum's door, and closing their rooms along with the store room. They looked as Areum already reached the top floor and could see Ni-ki trying to close the doors.

He can't make it in time.

a/n : i hope this is enough. please do understand that im on break so i hope you can be patient with the updates.