Come Together, State of the Art.

Chapter 5.

Months later, Jordan and I were texting, skyping, even calling if we had the money to. Trying to contact him from Ireland to Poughkeepsie sucked, due to the fact that there were time zones, international call charges and all that other shit.

I was weeks away from finishing my degree and I already had plans to move home to America. Obviously, I hadn't told Charlie and Tom yet, but I would at some point. I mean, they were my best, and almost only friends in Ireland that I had, they took care of me for the years I'd been there. Taking me out, celebrating birthdays, concerts. All sorts.

My phone buzzed, a text from Jordan. I blinked in the sudden change in light, going from lying in the dark in my bed to staring at my bright phone screen.

J- I miss you

C- I miss you too. What time is it over there?

J- Almost 8, how about you?

C- Almost 12, I'm wide awake though.

J- A friend misses you too.

The phone buzzed again, and a picture came in. I raked my mind for who else would be missing me, before squinting my eyes at the picture in front of me, the pixels not fully clear yet as I made out the shape of... his dick?

C- oh, really? well guess who isn't wearing any clothes right now?

J- I don't know, care to enlighten me?

C- Sure.

I attached a picture, one that was completely pitch black and attached it to a text that read sorry, the light is off and I'm too lazy to get up xx

My phone buzzed then, a phonecall making its way through, Jordan's name (and face) on the screen. I let out a small laugh and answered it, pressing it to my ear.

"Hello Jordan," I spoke slowly, a smirk on my face,"what can I do for you?"

"I'm finding it very hard," he said, his voice whiney and strained.

"What, your dick? Or the distance?" I asked sweetly, turning on my bedside lamp and sitting up against the pillows.

"Both," he groaned,"honestly, I hate you. I'm gonna have to do this from memory."

"Yeah?" I asked, stifling the laugh that threatened to escape.

"I thought it'd be hard- more difficult than this," he said,"but I seem to be doing just fine talking to you over the phone."

"That's nice," I said,"I had a chicken sandwich for lunch today. It was great. And you know what I discovered I loved? White, cream sauce."

"God dammit Chrissy," he groaned,"give me some help here."

"No can do my love," I giggled.

"Fucking hell," he whined,"I'm so close."

"You know what? I'm kinda tired of talking to you," I faked a yawn,"how about I talk to Coco instead?"

Silence.

"Jordan, if you stop jerking off over the phone I'll send you a picture, okay?" I said, my voice was low and- what I thought- was like velvet.

I heard him swallow down the line,"really? Bye."

I chuckled when he hung up and opened up my camera app. I bent my arm at the elbow and took a picture of the crease, sending it to Jordan.