𝐒𝐈𝐗: 𝐖𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃

————𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝————"hey, ziggy

————
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝
————
"hey, ziggy. what's up?"
————

PRESENT TIME: 1994

"𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐥𝐲 12𝐭𝐡, 1978." 𝐜. 𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐧𝐚 said. "five thousand, nine hundred and thirty seven days ago. my sister was dead. . . and so was i. and most days. . . i wish i'd stayed dead."

"wait. . . you're ziggy?" josh asked.

christine berman, or ziggy, didn't answer. she just looked down so that she could get her words together.

"cindy. . . my sister. . . she sacrificed herself for nothing." she continued, still looking down. "cass and i told everyone the story of how she died. the story i just told you. and no one believed us."

"and nick?" deena asked.

"i thought he was different. cass did too. we thought he would believe us. but nick had a destiny in this town." ziggy told the teenagers sitting in front of her. "and you don't become sheriff talking about ghost stories. i couldn't see him again. not after that. the witch. the town curse. . . for one night, cindy believed that there was a way to end it. so i thought there was too."

kristen and alex looked at one another, glad that the both of them got out of the situation alive.

"but now i know. . . there is no end." ziggy finished, looking back up.

it went silent for a few seconds, the teenagers processing what ziggy had said. but then one of the alarm clocks went off, making everyone jump. ziggy got up from her seat to stop the alarm, the group of teenagers standing up from the floor.

"like i said, your best chance is to run from this place. go as far as you can, hope a bus doesn't hit you on the way out." ziggy told the teens.

"we found the body off highway 5 in the woods between shadyside and sunnyvale." deena said.

"it's not possible." ziggy said.

"oh, it's there. trust us." josh said.

"the chains, the bones, the whole thing." alex finished.

"that could be anyone." ziggy tried.

"our friends almost died last night." kristen started, making ziggy look up at her. "why do think that is? it's the same reason they killed alice, your sister. the same reason why they almost killed cass."

"the killers came after us because we found something they didn't want us to find." deena continued as ziggy started to pace back and forth. "and i wish to god that it never happened, but we found it. we found what you were looking for in '78. we found sarah fier."