Chapter 4

Harry awoke in the hospital wing after the first task. He was surrounded by lots of sweets and chocolate and flowers but best of all, he woke to his best friends by his side.
"What - what happened? Did I win?" Harry asked, sitting up in pain.
"You done it, mate," replied Ron, an smile forming across his face. "It was bloody brilliant. I mean, it was terrifying to watch, but also bloody brilliant."
"Ronald, give the poor boy room to breathe, he only just woke up!" Hermione exclaimed, but Harry can tell how impressed she is.
"What's with all the sweets?" Harry inquired.
"They're from your fans," Ron yelled a bit too loudly.
"Fans?" Harry did not understand why but since the Goblet chose him, he had been getting a lot more attention, most noticeably by Draco.
We should let Harry get some rest, he has had a rather eventful day, hasn't he? Come on Ronald, let's leave him in peace."
Before Ron could object, Hermione dragged him out of the hospital wing and left Harry completely alone. He stared around at the hoards of gifts he has received, and he started reading some of the notes people had left him. One particular note stood out to him. It read: 'Potter, I know we don't get along and stuff, but I am really glad that you did not die. Hopefully the next task won't be as dangerous - Draco.' Harry was completely baffled by this. Maybe Malfoy does care about me after all, Harry wondered as he drifted of into a deep sleep.