Chapter 11.

“She wore a thousand faces just so to hide her own.”

It was late May of upper sixth, senior year highschool when the young boy spoke with the girl for the first time

It was late May of upper sixth, senior year highschool when the young boy spoke with the girl for the first time. He had known her for more than two years already as his junior sister's best friend, but he had never exchanged any word with the girl.

That day, he was alone at home laying on the couch dressed only in black pants watching TV when he heard the front door been slightly pushed open. The boy was waiting for his best friend so he hurriedly ran to the door with a big grin on his face.

"You are early, Jem. That's kinda cool the movie has just be-" he paused, his smile slowly disappeared as his eyes came to rest on a petite figure. "Keira?"

"I...I'm sorry for the disturbance. I...I am looking for Lydia," the fourteen years old girl baffled.

Nathanael studied her appearance before answering her. She was dressed in a black crop top and baggy jeans with her hair plated in long braids."Lydia went with my mom and Anna to do her hair. She didn't tell you?"

Nathanael saw the girl's eyes roaming his body too. It felt kind of weird because Keira could be...no, Keira was like his junior sister. She had the same age as Lydia and it felt like it was Lydia who was doing it.

Nathanael faked a cough.
"You heard what I said, right?"

The girl's brown eyes opened wide as she stared back at him. "Yes, Nathan. I will leave now. Please tell Lydia I was here."

Nathanael's lips stretch into a smile. It was the first time she had called him by his name or let him say the short name his friend Jeremy had given him. The name sounded beautiful when it was said by her.

"Good bye, Keira."

The girl smiled, showing white and well a lined teeth. "Bye." She waved then walked away. When she locked the gate behind her, the boy wandered why he didn't hear her entering into the compound with all the noise the gate made.

Nathanael slowly lifted his lids, scanning his surrounding. Green walls, white ceiling, green windows frame, multiple white bulbs and a bed which was too small to be his.

Nathanael frowned and blinked numerous times, slowly recovering his memory as the handle of the door lowered and Nathanael watched as a nurse entered dressed in a blue gown.

She smiled as she approached. "Good morning, sir." She gritted him and Nathanael silently stared back at her.

The nurse goes by the window and pulls the curtains before opening slightly the window and fresh enters the room. The woman then came by his side to do some medical test on him. Blood pressure, temperature testing, checking of pupils, heart rate and many other things he was acquainted to, many things he had performed more than a thousand times on his patients. It was weird to reverse the roles and become the person laying on a hospital bed letting someone you barely knew examine you.