Chapter One

Vic Pov.

Sleeping With Sirens' first tour. Me and Kellin had been together for almost a year now, and we've never been separated. Their first stop was in Australia, Sydney. The other band members were already there to do some sightseeing and stuff, but Kellin decided that he wanted to stay with me two days longer.

I held his hand as we walked towards the security check-in at the airport. "I'm gonna miss you so much, baby", I mumbled as we hugged tightly. "I'll miss you too", Kellin answered, "but it's gonna be fine, Vic, I promise."

I gave him a long kiss and although my eyes were closed, I could feel them watering. When I opened my eyes tears rolled down my cheeks. Kellin wiped them away and kissed my nose.

"I love you Vic.", he whispered, "I promise to call you as soon as I land." I sniffed and nodded. He turned around to leave. I actually had planned on waiting for him to finish everything safely, but I didn't wanna see him leave.

So I turned around and went to a cafe. I drank a coffee and ate a sandwich. However, I had a bad feeling about him leaving alone. I needed to get Kellin off my mind so I decide to go for a long walk with our dog.

I listened to music the whole time, but not even that helped. After three hours, I finally returned to home.

When I entered the living room, Mike was sitting on the couch crying quietly. "What's wrong man?", I asked and sat down next to him. Suddenly, he stopped and looked at me. His face showed a mix of surprise and sadness. "You didn't hear?", he asked quietly.

"Hear what?", I said, now panicking a bit, "what happened?" "The plane, Vic..", he sobbed, "it crashed." Everything stopped. My thoughts, my heart, my eyes did not move, I didn't blink. Nothing.

I felt completely numb. No. "Shortly.. Shortly after it started. Over the ocean. They said a few people survived. They're not sure yet. We'll hear.", Mike whispered, his face buried in his hands.

After a minute or so of staring at nothing, I finally got back control of my body. "No", I mumbled, "no. No, no no. No. No, it didn't. Tell me this is a joke. Tell me this is a bad joke. Please!"

But Mike just continued to cry. We've all been pretty close. I thought I would cry, but I didn't. I just felt my chest ache. I was so sad, I felt physical pain. I felt nothing but sadness.

Like someone had erased everything inside. And left a big black hole. Of sadness. I got up and went to our room. I sat on the bed and although my chest was empty, my thoughts wouldn't stop racing. This couldn't be true.