THE BEGINNING

"I can't believe it's finally ready!" the owner of the new restaurant, Fredbear's Family Diner, cried as he walked in. The man, Scott Cawthon, ran into the restaurant.

He started to daydream as he explored the facility. He remembered, ever since he was a boy, that he wanted to make a restaurant that would put his small town of Fred's Spring on the maps. Unfortunately, for a long time, he thought it was just a dream.

Until one day.

"Scott, can you come here, honey?" his mom called to him. At that time, Scott was a pimply teen with shaggy hair that had just graduated high school.

"Your father and I," she started, gesturing to Scott's father, "wanted to know something." She gave the burly man a look. "Yes. What do you want to do in life?"

Scott was shocked at such a question. Either way, he thought. Then thought some more. "I-I...um...wanna be a restaurant owner." he stuttered.

Both parents smiled. "Well then, here you go," his mother said, and gave him an envelope.

Scott was, again, puzzled, but he opened the envelope anyway. His eyes went wide at the check inside.

Soon, he went off to college, got a degree, and started on his dream restaurant. But, he soon realized he had a problem. There was nothing special to his diner. Just a kitchen, food, and a homey dining room. Most other restaurants in town had the exact same thing. He needed something that would set him apart from the rest of the world. But what?

Scott found the answer surfing the web one night. He clicked a link that led him to a website. "LIVE ANIMATRONICS!" it read in bold letters. "ONE OF A KIND!" Scott was hooked. After paying an unusually large amount in advance, the animatronics came and were put into the restaurant.

A stage was built in the restaurant, as well as a service room. Then, the day had come.

"Uh, Mr. Cawthon?" a sleazy business official from the animatronics company started. "The animatronics are this way."

Scott, excited out of his mind, ran down the hall to see them.

There they were. On the stage were the two main mascots, Fredbear and Spring. There names were obviously reminiscent of the town. Fredbear was a large, golden teddy bear, while Spring was a golden rabbit. Both suits could be entered by people to control.

Walking around the diner were four other animatronics - Freddy, the brown teddy bear, also Fredbear's brother, Bonnie, a purple rabbit, Spring's brother, Chica, a food-loving chicken, and Foxy the Pirate Fox, Scott's personal favorite. Then, behind all of this, in the Kid's Corner, was the Puppet. Someone would go in the box, to give kids presents as the slender marionette. If they paid, of course.

"This is going to be great!" Scott cried in happiness.

And it was. For years, Scott's business was booming. He got married, had two kids, and moved into a house right next to the restaurant. People all over the world came to see the animatronic shows, the first of its kind. He was featured in magazines, TV shows, among other things.

That is, until it all came to a screeching halt. Scott and his wife, Veronica, had to go on a business trip across the county. He was talking with a major company to fund him chaining the restaurant. Unfortunately, it was his younger son's birthday that week. He put his older son in charge of the party, giving him money for cake and things.

It was a shame Scott didn't know what really happened at his home. The older brother, James, was an extreme bully to his younger brother, P.G. In fact, James was the reason P.G was deathly afraid of the animatronics.

So, when James had free reign, he made sure to use it. He'd lock P.G in his room all day, and sometimes even in the restaurant with the animatronics. P.G had constant nightmares.

Then, the day of the party. James spent all of the money on him and his friends. As the party was coming to a close, the older boy thought up a great prank. He and his friends picked up young P.G and put him in the Fredbear's mouth. It was a harmless, yet mean, prank at first. That was until Fredbear bit down.

P.G was quickly rushed to the hospital, and Scott sped home. Sadly, P.G died in his hospital bed, his frontal lobe completely bitten off. After that, Scott went slightly insane. Fredbear was obviously put out of commission, and so was Spring, in case it had the same problem. The event was dubbed, "The Bite of '87."

While business went down considerably, Scott still made decent money for a while.

Then, death decided to visit the restaurant once again. A child went missing at the diner. The only evidence: blood on the back door. The kid's body was never found. That night, the Puppet became...strange. It started giving presents by itself, without anyone controlling it. When examined, it was found an exoskeleton was in it. Strange, further, because Scott did not order that. To make matters worse, someone had painted what looked like purple tears under its eyes. But, worst off all, it acted up at night. The security cameras caught it walk around, knocking things down and breaking them.

Then, the worst event of all happened. A man, most likely an employee, went into the back and put on the Fredbear suit. He lured five children into the back. They were never heard from again. But worst of all, one of the kids was James.

Soon, Scott was making less than he had as a teen. Then, another change happened. A new company wanted to buy his idea and animatronics for a new restaurant, this one focused more around children. Scott agreed to the deal. He died a few years after.

Meanwhile, the company got busy. It made a huge new restaurant, called Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. filled with everything a kid might enjoy. They got rid of all the old animatronics, but kept them anyway. They made new ones as well. Now, there was Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie the Bunny, Chica the Chicken, and Foxy, all with new designs. They also kept the Puppet. They also added a child animatronic named Balloon Boy.

It was huge success at first. No one seemed to remember anything about the old restaurant.

Then it happened again. Someone lured another five children, again, with the Fredbear suit and killed them.

As a last ditch attempt to keep the company going, they created another Freddy's, this one with a smaller budget. It made some money, but not much. To make sure an event like this wasn't going to happen again, they needed a night guard. But who, you may ask?

You already know.