Keepsake

Mika's p.o.v

Bose and I left a little earlier than everyone else so we could spend time together alone. Plus, i wanted to give something to him. Turns out my parents weren't home, they decided to get ice cream and cry over the fact that Miles and I were 'abandoning' them. Bose held my hand as we walked upstairs and he was telling me this story about how Edgar spilled the entire punch bowl on a staff member by accident. I for one didn't think it was an accident, Edgar had hated that teacher since forever.

"On a related note I don't think they'll accept my textbook return, I kind of made the pages into dog cutouts," Bose told me closing my door. Bose sat on the edge of my bed taking off his jacket. "Better than what Miles did, we were studying volcanoes and he said he was more of a 'Spatial learner' so he teleported to Hawaii and accidentally dropped his in hot Lava," I told him opening my closet. Bose laid on his back laughing and staring at the ceiling. "What are looking for?" I heard him ask. I reached for the top shelf and brought it down.

"Close your eyes!" I perked up.

"The last time someone asked me that, I opened my eyes to see a mustache drawn on my face, that someone was Chapa," Bose played with his hair remembering. "Just close your eyes and trust me," I insisted. "I trust you," Bose sighed. I looked back and Bose sat up from my bed and closed his eyes.

I held the crafty box in my hands and walked over to Bose. I was happy with my work and I hoped he really liked it. I kissed his forehead before sitting down next to him. "Open," I instructed. Bose opened his eyes, looked at me, and then noticed the box. "What's this?" He questioned, "I didn't know how I could tell you everything that I wanted to in your yearbook, nothing felt right so I thought I'd show you this instead, or try to at least," I explained.

A joyful expression appeared on his face as i handed him the box. "I'm gonna go into cardiac arrest if fake snakes pop out of this," He dramatically shut his eyes and opened them back up. I chuckled at his reference to that ridiculous prank war we had a couple of years ago.

He opened the box and carefully peeked in. He reached in and pulled out a picture of us on our first official date at hip-pop puree. Bose couldn't help but let out a chortle of tiny laughter, "This had to be the most adorably awkward first date ever," I contently nodded agreeing, and placed my forehead near his shoulder. "I thought you told me you wanted to keep this one," he faced me. "I did, but I thought it would mean a lot more if you had it," I ran my fingers across the photo.

I watched him look through the rest of the box. I had filled it with all our best memories, souvenirs, and little things we shared. "This is amazing, better than an eternal lovey-dovey note," Bose wiped a fake tear from his eye. I was pleased and euphoric hearing him say he liked it. I didn't even mind giving up some of my favs because I knew they'd be safe and well kept with him. "I just wanted you to have something to remember us by, for keepsake," I admitted. Bose looked away from me when I said that. He was probably just becoming as emotional as I was but didn't wanna show it too much.

Boys.

He peered back at me and cuffed the side of my face before leaning in for a kiss. He put the box down and i kissed him back. I started realizing how much I was going to miss his kisses, his touch...just him as a whole. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he cuffed my face with both hands. His lips were always soft, I marked. But I did notice he wasn't as into it as I was. I started getting self-conscious when he sighed into the kiss.

I pulled him away and he looked at me confused. There was something wrong, I could feel it. "What's wrong?" I asked. He blinked shaking his head, "Nothing,". Bose's lips were on mine again and I still had a feeling something was off. I didn't say anything and went back to our heated embrace. But I didn't believe him. I pulled away once more and he looked frustrated, "What?"