Do you have to change for the sake of what?

My friend Glenda still couldn't get over our conversation. We are about to have dinner but she keeps rambling too much stuff.

"You know what? We should go to the hairdresser tomorrow" she suddenly said.

"Why?, I had my haircut 3 weeks ago and my hair looks alright"

"My dear! I didn't want to say this but honestly, there is nothing much different about your hair because you only had it trimmed. "You need a new hairstyle and new wardrobe!. You need to start getting rid of your boyish and childish clothes"

"I beg your pardon! but I like my clothes better than yours because they are more comfortable", not sounding mad at her.

" Yeah, I know they are comfortable but I hate seeing you wearing them" she disgustingly said.

"Look I know, that you want me to have a boyfriend or at least start dating " but do I have to change? Just to be liked by some guy that I don't even have a tiny idea who he is or just to be like by any random guys", I feel like I want to have a debate with her.

" I didn't mean to sound it like that, but you have to make effort to look good about yourself". Do it for yourself, I feel so frustrated all the time that you often consider yourself as not worth as other beautiful women. I want you to bring back the old you, who is full of confidence and doesn't care about what people think of her".

I felt really awful, I stood up and walk around the table and give her a hug.

"I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to sound angry".

She gently patted my head, " I want you to be happy and I know that you always say that you are happy being single but I know deep inside that you may feel lonely." And sexually frustrated too"

Hey!!! that s too much!!, I gently pushed her while she is laughing her head off.

"Will you stop laughing! it's not funny !!! I keep glaring at her, as she still laughing.

"Alright! Alright, I am calm now, I can't stop laughing because of the look on your face". But seriously, I really want you to get laid and have fun"

Here she goes again!

"I can't really get anything good from you. I know you've been with many guys and you have more experience than me. But I don't like that kind of set-up.", I said while trying to finish my dinner.

"I know that's why I am trying to help you," she said.

Oh Really ? by teasing and making fun of me? I grumpily said.

"Oh dear, your such a cranky old lady! finish your meal and let's search for some clothes and hairstyles online".

"I don't want to, I rather sleep I have work tomorrow", I stood up and wash the dishes.

"Oh come on, I know you swap a shift with James so get your ass over here and let's make amends with your boring life", I heard her laugh.

If only she is not my best friend I wouldn't tolerate her behaviour. We've been friends for such a long time since I moved out of my parent's house.

" Alright, I just finish these dishes since you are a slacker tonight"

We've been browsing online via her phones while sitting in our lounge area. I still have trouble choosing clothes. I guess a lot of people can relate to me when they hesitate to get out of their comfort zone. It is really tough.

Glenda abruptly stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked confused about what she's up to.

"I am just going to get a glass of water and probably snacks because we have been sitting here for an hour and still you haven't chosen anything.

What? Can you blame me? those clothes you showed me. Looks very uncomfortable. If I wear them people would be staring at me especially my upper chest and oh dear my ass mate! I don't like it", I give back her phone to her.

"That's called fashion you know, trendy fashion, A lot of young kids nowadays wear those clothes and they look chic and hot" Oh my Gosh, What do I do with you?", she stormed off to the kitchen.

"What does she want me to do, I feel uncomfortable wearing those skimpy clothing. Who cares if others look good wearing it".

Glenda came back with a glass of water and a couple of chips, she sat down next to me. She started eating and keep fiddling with her phone.

"Oh, I found it, look this hairstyle will look good on you". I really think this suites you well. Please have a look!

I peaked at her phone, and I saw a chopped layered haircut and she already picked the clothes for me.

Sigh!!

"Alright, I will go with this one but if turn out bad, You will buy our grocery for the whole month!", provoking her with this deal, would be nice not to spend too much money for a month just for food and other stuff.

"Deal, she excitedly agreed. "Hold on, you are not the only one, who got a deal, Well, I will upload a photo of your makeover. If you get 1000k likes that means I win. Then, I dare you to ask Mrs Jones to give you her grandson's mobile number and send him a text. Deal?

"WHAT? NO WAY!!!, I wouldn't dare!!! I knew you are up to something!!!

She's grinning from ear to ear. " You already agreed and I know you wouldn't break any deal that's not included in your vocabulary.

As I was about to retaliate again.

She runs off quickly " Good night dear, please know that I love you"

"I don't know about that!!!" I yelled to her. I can hear her distant laugh.

Oh dear, I don't why I am friends with her!! She is crazy,

Maybe, I will pretend that I am sick or anything that will stop us from going to the hairdresser tomorrow or even doing this stupid makeover.
What do I do? I don't think I will get that many likes anyway!

Ahhh!! bahala na bukas!!!, I will cross the bridge when I get there.