Chapter 20

I'd just come from hair and makeup and was standing on set, looking down at my script. A groan slips from me when I realize it's the homecoming scene. A huge romantic and tear jerking moment for my character. With a woman. I've always pitied the straight.

The worst thing about it was the fact that we were shooting most of the home scenes today, which meant Elijah wasn't needed. I hadn't spoken to him since last night, other than sending him a good morning text. One, in which, he didn't respond to. I pushed it from my mind when the cameras started rolling. I got into scene fast, pushing away everything from my actual life.

The scene was one where my character would enter his home, surprising his sleeping wife. The scene went flawlessly, even ending with a few tears from the sound and camera people. "You truly are a star", my co star says, smiling brightly at me. I finally remebered that her name was Stephanie. "Maybe we could bring this romance off screen sometime?". She twirled her long red hair around her finger, looking at me up and down like I was something to eat.

I lean closer to her, twirling a strand of her hair around my own finger. "If only you had a dick and a better persoanlity", I whisper to her. I turn, exiting the stage, leaving her with a shocked expression. I wasn't able to stay away from her for long though, having to finish shooting for the day.

The beloved moment finally came and we were sent away. "Amazing work today, Malachi. I would never know you were head over heels with Elijah", Diana says, coming over to me and handing me a bottle of water.

I laugh, rolling my eyes. "I'm that obvious, am I?", I joke back with her. "Elijah and I, we aren't together", I say slowly. Unsure of myself. "But yeah, definitely, uh, he", I finally give up, throwing my hands up. She laughs, patting my shoulder before walking away.

Speaking of Elijah, I slide my phone out of my pocket. My face drops when I notice he left me on read. What was his deal?

I start walking to the front where I left my things, when I see Elijah walking into a room with him mom. My eyebrows furrow and I feel panic rising. Why was he here and didn't bother to tell me?

I approach the door they just entered in, but almost collide with Elijah as he walks out. "Oh!", He says, gathering himself as I rest my hands on his hips to steady him. His eyes look up at meet mine. They change from startled to upset. "Leave me alone". The words send me straight into panic. I don't think. I grab his wrist, gently tugging him into an empty room.

I didn't know what it was used for. It just had a single desk and none of the lights even seemed to work. Could have been an old prop room, but the wallpaper was peeling off the walls. "What is up with you?", I ask Elijah, not letting go of his wrist. I pull him in front of me so I can look down in his eyes.

"I thought you liked me. Were you just getting me back for our first date? I led you on, you lead me on?", He demands, his nose turning a slight red as if he was about to cry. My heart shatters when a tear slides down his cheek.

Without thinking, I wrap him tightly in my arms. I had no idea what he was talking about or where he even got an idea like that. I would deal with it later. "Elijah, I told you last night, I really really feel for you", I tell him, tilting his chin up.

"Why did you hang up? We got deep and it was like you were disgusted thinking about the sounds I make. I thought maybe I was being silly, and then I come in to see you today and you're having no problems getting close with that bitch on screen?", Elijah rants. His sadness turned into anger, but I still couldn't help the desire to laugh.

"Elijah, I'm an actor", I say, making him roll his eyes. "Disgusted? El I-", I stop myself. "I wasn't disgusted. You don't realize what you do to me", I say, lowering my voice. I press him back against a wall, sliding down on my knees before him. "Let me show you"