Meeting Daven

"Mona hurry up, we'll be late!"_ Nomi yelled. "I'm done, hold on"_ Mona answered as she grabbed her phone from the bed.
"Why do you take so long?"_ Nomi asked when she saw Mona walking down the stairs. "I'm sorry, we can go now" Mona replied while squeezing Nomi's cheek. They both laughed and left for school.

°°°°°°°°°°°°
Nomi and Mona have been best friends for a very long time, they attend the same college and live in the same apartment. Nomi's parents have been sponsoring Mona since highschool and that made her acknowledge them as her parents and Nomi as her sister. People think they're actually sisters and the two have never objected to it.

°°°°°°°°°°°°
"Do you think I'm fat?" Nomi asked Mona while they were leaving for home after school. "No, why do ask silly questions huh, you are as thin as an anorexic patient" she answered sarcastically and she laughed. "Hey there watch it, I only asked you a question I didn't ask for an insult" _Nomi retorted instantly with a pout. "I'm not insulting you, it's just sometimes you ask ridiculous questions"_ Mona replied. *Both Laughs*
"Your birthday is approaching you know, I can't wait"_ Nomi said cheerfully. When Mona heard that her countenance fell. She went cold and it was obvious that she was hurting. Nomi asked her what was wrong but she didn't answer. She ran away with tears filled in her eyes. "Mona"_Nomi called out but she didn't turn back. "What just happened?" she thought in her head. "Was it because I said her birthday is approaching? why would that hurt her? she has been celebrating her birthday for over 10 years, why would that affect her now?!"

°°°°°°°°°°°°
Mona was running with tears filled in her eyes, her heart was heavy for memories of that night flashed through her head.

She was still running when all of a sudden she bumped into someone and her phone fell. "I'm sorry" she said without even looking up. She continued running and didn't mind what just happened. "Hey miss, your phone!" Daven yelled but Mona didn't turn back once. He picked up the phone and started running after her.

He caught up with her and held her arm "Your phone, you dropped it" he said with concern in his tone when Mona turned to him for he has never seen someone whose eyes radiated so much pain as he saw in Mona's eyes.

"Thank you"_ Mona said as she received her phone. "What's wrong?" He asked her with concern written all over his face. "Nothing"_Mona replied curtly. "Off course, it's very normal to see a girl crying and running, oblivious to whatever is happening around her without something being off" Daven said. "Thank you mister, but whatever is wrong with me is none of  your business"_Mona said irritated. "It's Daven not mister" he replied. "Thanks Daven" Mona retorted and turned back to leave. "Wait, you didn't tell me what your name is" Daven shouted. "Mona...Mona Ashley" she shouted back at him while running off.