Making the Best of a Bad Day

The next day John runs into Sherlock in the hallway with nothing but a towel on, "Uh, Afternoon, Sherlock... Busy day...?" John tried to keep his eyes anywhere but on the towel.

Sherlock saw this and grinned, he stopped in the doorway to to the main room, turned to face John and with one hand on his hip he put the other against the side of his head and leaned on the doorframe with his elbow, "You know what John? Not overly. You worked this morning, and were gone before I even work up, so I spent the day wandering the apartment waiting for you to arrive home so we could watch some more of that show since you said I couldn't watch it without you. Then I got bored and took a shower while I waited for you..."

"He sure did John! Was in there 2 hours, at least!" Mrs. Hudson yelled from down the stairs.

"Bloody Hell Sherlock! Why so long?" It was partly a rhetorical question that Sherlock felt the need to answer anyway.

"Did you miss the part where I got bored? Duh." The 'duh' was more of a facial expression than a verbal one. Sherlock finally dropped his arm turned to walk over to his chair, facing the Telly until he noticed John walking with a limp and a black eye forming. "John!? What happened?"

John turned away, he knew he couldn't hide it from Sherlock but he sure tried, "Nothing! ...I got jumped outside the hospital... They stole my wallet, watch, and phone... But I'm fine, really.."

Sherlock walked away without a word and went to the bathroom, rummaged around, left, went to the kitchen, and came back, "Here."

In his hand was some aspirin and water. John stared at it a moment, then smiled, "thank you." He grabbed the pills and water from him and took the medicine.

Sherlock then walked away after smiling and went to sit on his chair, still only in his towel.

"Are you not going to get dressed...?" John asked. He thought it rhetorical, but apparently it needed answering.

"No, not if we are just going to sit here, alone, together to watch more of our show, what was it called again..."

"It's an Anime and it is called My Hero..." John was interrupted.

"Academia! That's right. Great show. Why have we not seen it before?" Sherlock asked. John turned and limped to the kitchen and rolled his eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me Watson!"

Ignoring the eye-roll statement John answered him while making tea, "I have seen some of it, you on the other hand refuse to watch anything on the Telly other than the news and crime shows so you wouldn't know a good show if it bite you on the arse..." John trailed off having felt a presence behind him and a breath on his ear.

"Is that so, John?" John just gulped. A moment later the tea kettle whistled making John jump. "Oh good, tea is ready! Now we can go watch!" Sherlock stepped around John and finished making the tea for him and takes it to the other room. John is still standing there, with a slight blush across his cheeks.

Taking a deep breath, John leaves the kitchen and limps to the other room. He then notices that in the time frame that he was in the kitchen, Sherlock has some how re-arranged the room without his noticing. The two chairs now sit where the couch was, and the couch is facing the windows and Telly, with Sherlock sitting in the middle. A coffee table right in front where the tea has been sat on. John stood in the doorway just staring at the new layout.

Without turning around Sherlock patted the couch cushion to his right, "Come now John, let's watch some more."

John slowly made his way over to the patted cushion and sat down gently. Sherlock stood up abruptly, disappeared into the kitchen again and returned to his spot on the couch. He then scooped up John's feet and spun him around so John's legs were across his lap.