one

N E V E R   A B O U T   Y OU

one

──────────────────

(not proofread)

january 23, 2018

12:37 pm

new york

your pov

──────────────────

"The sunset's longer where I am from.. where dreams go to die while having fun.." Kendall sung horribly as I drove to Republic Records.

"The boys fix their cars and girls eat it up.. Loving's so good when love is young." 

"Yeah, there's so much history in these streets.. and mama's good eats, Oh Wonder on repeat.." I then joined Kendall singing my heart out to my own song.

"There's so much history in my head.. the people I've left, the ones that I've kept.." I started tapping my fingers on the steering wheel to the beat.

"Have you heard me on the radio, did you turn it up?" Kendall sung louder as she used her phone as a microphone.

"Sing it Kenny!" I encouraged with a chuckle sparring a quick glance at her.

"On your blown-out stereo in suburbia.." 

I pressed the pause button on my phone not allowing her to hear the full song. "Sorry! You'll have to wait just a little longer for the rest." 

Kendall shot me a glare I felt in my stomach then an actually slap to my shoulder. "You bitch. What's the point of showing me a song you know I'll love to not have me hear the full thing?"

I laughed lightly before turning on the regular radio. "I showed you the song months ago so don't act like you don't like the pain of not listening to the full thing."

"It's only because I feel like you'll cave and let me listen!" She hissed as she started to connect her from to the car's bluetooth.

"Pfft. As if I'll cave," I waved my hand scoffing, "You don't intimidate me enough to make me cave."

Kendall quirked her eyebrow at the 'challenge' as she played triggered by Jhené Aiko. "You sure 'bout that bubs?" 

"Positive." I gulped already regretting my words. 

"Hmm. You'll regret that tomorrow, but how does it felt be back? You sure you ready?" She put her hand over mind that was resting on the gear stick rubbing soothing circles with her thumb.

Kendall and I have been friends since I was seventeen. I was now 26 as of a week or so ago. We met when Kim and I modeled together for Vogue. Yes, we were friends with her sister Kim. Actually, the whole family knows me personally, Kenny just knows me the most well. 

She's like my girl best friend, without all the labels; because labels seems to destroy my friendships.

I looked to my side and smiled as I pulled into the private garage trying to find a parking space. "Yes, I completely ready. I can't stay locked up in my house another year with just you and Jalen! God, you don't know how annoying y'all two are!" I groaned remembering the days where they just wouldn't leave.