Kate Schmidt X Reader

Kate X Reader

——————————————————————————

( Your POV. )

I sat down on a bench at the park, waiting for Simon to get here. Simon and I were going to feed the ducks today, and feed the fish in the pond too. I looked around for him, and he's 10 minutes late. Suddenly, I see a guy at least 20 feet away from me, running over. I chuckled at him, because I knew it was Simon. I also saw a girl next to him, walking slowly.

When they made it, I looked at the girl, and realized it was Kate. I greeted them and gave them one piece of bread each.

"What are we feeding first? The fish or the ducks?" Simon asked, slightly nudging my shoulder.

"Probably the ducks first. There is a bigger amount of fish, so if we fed the fish first, we would probably not have bread." I chuckled, and so did Kate. Her laugh made my cheeks turn a slight pink.

Simon yelled, "LAST ONE TO THE DUCKS IS A ROTTEN EGG."

He then started to run over to the ducks, with me and Kate running. Kate and I managed to beat Simon, which is surprising because he was in front of us.

After laughing it off, we took pieces of our bread and threw it in the water. I giggle softly as I look at a certain duck, eating my piece of bread. It had a very pretty feather pattern.

As I admired the single duck, Simon and Kate started to awe at a duck with its 3-5 baby chicks. I gave the single duck the last piece of my bread, and admired the mother duck with them.

"So cute!" Kate exclaimed. I smiled at how happy she sounded.

Once Kate and Simon finished their bread, I gave them another slice each, so we could move on to the fish. Simon walked over to the pond, while me and Kate followed behind him, again. Kate started to hold my hand, and tightened her grip gently.

She smiled at me and used her other hand to scratch her head. Her cheeks turned a light red, and that made me smile. We both stood next to Simon, who was already feeding the fish. Me and Kate stopped holding hands, to break our bread into pieces.

We threw some of it in, and she admired me as I smiled at the hungry fish. She wrapped her arm around mine and Simon squealed behind us. I chuckled at Simon's noise, but I was more focused on what Kate had in mind.

I felt like I was on cloud 9, even though all she did was wrap our arms together.

"You guys are too cute for me." He pretended to die, and stuck his tongue out, slowly laying on the floor.

"You know Simon, there's probably a LOT of dog shit around here. You're probably laying one some right now." I chuckled as Kate agreed with me.

He bolted up and dusted himself off really quickly.

"I thought you died!" Kate chuckled at Simon.

After a good laugh, we finished up the bread, feeding the rest of the fish. Simon and Kate were about to leave, until Kate walked up to me.

"Hey, Y/N?" She said, moving closer to me.

"Yes Kate? What's up?" I smile at her.

I felt a pair of lips land on mine, and I was shocked. I wasn't mad though. Kate kissed me, so I immediately kissed her back. We had a good 3 minute kiss, as Simon took a photo of us.

He started to smile at me, and showed me a thumbs up.

Once we stopped kissing, she ruffled my hair, and waved goodbye to me. She started walking away with Simon, and before they got too far, Kate started to yell, "I LOVE YOU!"

"I LOVE YOU TOO!" I screamed back, as I saw her smiling before turning around to walk with Simon

——————————————————————————