𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
❝ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ❞

•°. *࿐the ray of sunlight gleamed through the thin blinds of y/n's window, creating a strip of light to cover her eyelids. she arose from her bed, feeling the emptiness of the other side. the warmth that was once there was gone. connie had slept over unintentionally. after their long talk, he fell asleep in her arms, releasing small snores.

but he was gone. the weight from the other side of the bed was no longer present. removing the covers from her body, she sat up, letting her toes touch the cold, hardwood floor. she looked over to her nightstand, seeing a sticky note stuck to the surface.

"hey smiley
sorry i left, i had to go make sure my
lil bro and sis was good this morning
thank you for everything last night, it means
a lot to me. preciate you for real.
- con"

y/n sighed, folding the piece of yellow paper in four and placing it back on her nightstand. he could've at least left his number or something, she thought. as she put on her bedroom slippers, the smell of cooked bacon filled her nose.

jogging down the stairs, she saw the faint view of her father, desmond, cooking breakfast.

"hey daddy," y/n sarcastically spoke, followed by a yawn, "you're actually home? that's crazy."

he rolled his eyes, "not right now, y/n, please." he turned off the stove and put the bacon on the plate with the rest of the food he had cooked. looking over, y/n noticed there were three plates out instead of two.

"oh shit, you brought her here too?"

after a brief silence, y/n scoffed in disbelief. "dad, are you serious?" before he could speak, you shook your head, "you could've at least let me know first, but then again, this is your house."

"y/n, i don't know where this attitude is coming from, but you need to drop that shit, now," he spoke, tossing the grease-covered spatula in the sink. "i, personally, don't see what the problem is. she's really nice, y/n, give her a chance." sighing, he grabbed the syrup from the pantry, setting it down on the kitchen island.

her eyebrows furrowed as she adjusted in her seat, resting her elbows on the kitchen island. "i'm not necessarily fond of meeting the woman keeping my dad from me for days at a time. though, that's just if you actually give a damn about how i felt about it," she replied, receiving a glare from her father.

"listen, since your mother passed, i haven't had a chance to move on. y/n, it's been three years."

"i don't care about that—"

aa she spoke, a woman walked into the kitchen. she wore a silky white robe with her hair in a matching bonnet. her skin matching the color of rich caramel, her hazel brown eyes and wine-colored hair complimented her beautifully. "hi baby."

she kissed her father on the cheek, caressing his shoulder as they greeted one another. "and hello to you too," y/n scoffed, feeling slightly disrespected since she didn't speak to her as well. "oh hey honey, you must be y/n. desmond talks a lot about you." she smiled.

she rolled her eyes, "yeah i'm sure he does. oh, whatever does he say?" a fake smile plastered upon her face, waiting on the woman's response.

"y/n, this is my girlfriend, tamia. i'm sure you'll love her as much as i do." her father said, wrapping his arm around her waist, smiling. "sure," y/n replied, "i'll just eat i'm my room, nice meeting you, tamia."

taking her plate, she walked up the stairs and into her bedroom, shutting the door behind her.

after she ate, she figured that she should go out.

grabbing a random white tank top from her closet, she paired it with some dark distressed jeans and her tan-colored kappa slides. she was only going to the mall, so she figured she didn't have anyone to impress.

walking over to the bathroom across the hall, she brushed her teeth and washed her face, getting all of the dirt and grime that built up overnight. she got dressed, left her braids to fall from her bonnet, and proceeded to do her baby hairs in two dramatic 'swoops'.

after grabbing her purse, she also grabbed the plate from breakfast to take it downstairs.

"i'm going out, i'll be back in a few," y/n said, brushing past her father and tamia as they were talking in the kitchen. taking the key from it's holder, she walked out of the front door, pressing the unlock button on her car keys.

"we have nothing to talk about shordy," connie spoke, putting a fry in his mouth. sevyn had invited him to talk things out regarding the night before. connie didn't want to talk about anything, but he wanted to hear the excuse she was going to come up with.

he saw everything he needed to see. what was there to discuss?

sevyn sighed, "con', i said that I'm sorry. you don't want to even know why i was fucking with floch?" he shook his head, chuckling under his breath, "not really, but you can explain while i'm here. this'll be our last time speaking anyway so make the most out of it."

his attitude began to make her blood boil. he wasn't always as nonchalant as he was acting, so something had to be up, "what's wrong with you?"

"ain't nothing wrong with me, i'm chillin'," he laughed, chewing on another fry, "are you going to start speaking or what? i got shit to do."

clearing her throat, she took a deep breath before speaking. "me and floch, it's been going on for a while now. it's not that you did anything, just- we weren't spending time with each other like we used to. i just needed attention and you weren't giving me that so--"

"so you got it from him, yeah. you didn't even bother to see why shit was the way it was. you can't even say that i wasn't giving you attention, i cared for you more than i cared for myself, and you know that. was it because we weren't having sex? if that's what it was, sevyn, just say that," connie said, raising his voice a little, striking the attention to some of the people, including y/n.

she had just came out of the store across from the food court. hearing an interesting exchange of words caused her to pause her shopping to go listen in, recognizing the voice that had been taking over her head the past 12 hours.

after paying for her things, she walked over to the food court, keeping herself away from the drama, but making sure it was audible and visible in her distance.

there was a silence after connie had spoke. the tension rising after every passing millisecond. "fuck it, yeah that's why, connie. we weren't having sex anymore."

"if that was the reason, you could've just talked to me instead of fucking some other dude. he don't look better than me, so you fumbled," he laughed lightly, attempting to calm himself down. "i would've never done that to you, sev', ever, and you know that. i spent damn near four years of my life with you, and you just let that go to waste like you don't even give a fuck."

shaking his head, he stood up from his chair, grabbing his trash from the table. "sevyn," he spoke, making eye contact with the girl below him, "fuck you."

throwing the trash away, he walked away from the food court. spending his money would be the only way to make him happy at the moment. sevyn sat back in her chair in disbelief as people starred at her from watching everything go down.

so that's sevyn, y/n thought, sipping on her milkshake as she walked past the girl. "damn girl," she mumbled, walking in connie's direction.

he had walked into one of the shoe stores, looking around, trying to clear his mind from what had just happened moments before, until he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"hey twin."

there stood y/n. milkshake in hand, phone in other. turning around, connie's face lit up. it was as if she was the only person he wanted to see. he quickly embraced her into a hug, resting his head on the top of hers, "hey smiley."

AUTHORS NOTE
hey y'all
it's been ... 4 months?
sorry for the long ass hiatus i did not know i was gonna be stressing the way i was
but i'm back, as of now
i hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. i was supposed to update a few days ago but i got caught up in a few things.
i love you guys <3
kisses :)