𝘀𝗶𝘅

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱
❝ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴɢ ꜱᴛᴏɴᴇ ❞

                    •°. *࿐a month had gone by since connie had broken up with sevyn and he'd never admit it, but he missed her. every day after work, he'd sit in his bed, reminiscing about the four years he wasted. regardless of how much he resented her, he couldn't help but think about her.

she had still been blowing up his phone, apologizing, begging for a conversation out of him, but he'd never let up. some days, he'd feel the urge to text her back, call her and ask how her day was, but he couldn't. he promised y/n that he wouldn't go back to her for the sake of his mental health, but he wanted to so so badly.

he had been talking to y/n every day the past few weeks and she brought light to his day. she would always check on him, see if he ate, ask how his day was. the feeling he would get in his stomach when her name would pop up in his phone wasn't foreign, but he hadn't felt that way in a while. he had caught genuine feelings for her.

he never told y/n that he started smoking. he figured that she may be disappointed about the toxic coping mechanism that he used.

sighing, he played with the blunt that he held in between his fingers, contemplating his actions, life even. what did he do to deserve the life that he was given?

connie pleased everyone. he was the perfect son, brother, friend, boyfriend, and none of it seemed to matter in the end. his mother payed little to no attention to him, leaving him to fend for himself and his younger siblings. he couldn't rely on his friends or anyone else, and he hated feeling like he was such a burden to y/n.

taking a pull from the joint, he stared at the ceiling. watching as the fan above spun in a fast pace and the more he looked, the slower it had gotten.

the more pulls he took, the more the room walls began closing in. it felt like the room had been rotating, making connie look around foolishly as he grew paranoid of his surroundings.

seconds had passed until he heard faint knocks on his door, "connie?"

the door opened, revealing his mother as she stood in the doorway, gasping as she saw her son. "constance fucking springer, what the hell are you doing?"

"chillin," he slurred, releasing a few laughs after he spoke. his mother walked over to him, grabbing the blunt from the boy's hand, followed by a smack to the face.

"what the fuck?" connie groaned, feeling the stinging sensation on his cheek. "connie i don't know what in your right mind would lead you to some stupid shit like this in my fucking house! ¿eres tonta?"

he shrugged, "nah, im not dumb ma. can i live for once? damn." by the time he finished his sentence, his mother had become infuriated.

"¿qué estás pensando? sea ​​lo que sea lo que esté pass do, ¡fumar no lo va a ayudar! ¿Cómo vas a ser un ejemplo para rune y tiana haciendo esto?" christine yelled, waving her hands around frantically.

"who said i wanted to be a fucking role model, ma? i didn't sign up for that shit. it's a reason i do the things i do, but it's not like you or anyone else really gives a damn," connie spat, laying his head on his arm as he continued to stare at the ceiling.

"all you do is criticise me and expect me to be the, quote -- unquote, role model, for some damn six year olds. all this pressure and stress for what? cause you can't be a parent figure for them so i have to? what are you gonna do once i leave for college? i'm not going to be here to wake them up in the morning, get them ready for school, you have to grow the fuck up and do it yourself. if you were gonna do this, you shouldn't have fucked that deadbeat ass boyfriend of yours and just not have kids."