Prologue

My Uncle is Simon Cowell
(A-1D-Fanfic)

My uncle, the well known and admired Simon Cowell and I have been living together since I was 12 years old.

When my parents died, I chose to live with him rather than the wicked and strict Aunt Loretta who was to horrid to be an aunty.

I went with Uncle Simon and his wife, Jackie. I mean, even if Aunt Loretta was "normal", I still would have chosen Simon. He is famous. But I had never met him before. He lived in the UK while we were living in the US. My brother came to live with until about a few months later we coed in due to a job opportunity elsewhere. He was 19, old enough to have his one house. I haven't, seen him since, but from what I heard, he has a girlfriend now.

"Darcy, are you ready? The limo is here!" called out Simon in a loud voice from down stairs. I could barely make out the words because he was so far down.

I ran down the stairs and to the front porch.

Getting into the small limousine with uncle Simon, we set off to the X Factor Boot camp Studios. After roughly thirty minutes, we arrived. The driver came around to open the door for me and my Uncle and we stepped out. First Simon, and then me.

Paparazzi were everywhere, as usual. "I knew we should have gone through the back," I whispered to myself. I hate getting pictures taken of me especially when they get put in magazines.

The first time I was spotted by paparazzi was when I was fourteen. Simon, Jackie and I went to the beach. Two days after, the new front covers of the US weekly, People magazine and TIME magazine was a picture of me in a bikini sitting on the sand with my family. The article titles consisted of "Simon and Jackie's secret daughter!" and "X Factor judge thinks it's time for an adoption!"

I guess in a way, I could be classified as a "celebrity". From the age of thirteen, I began posting videos of me singing and playing the guitar on YouTube. I'm more or rather a "YouTube celebrity". My dad told me how to play both the guitar and piano.

The paparazzi where snapping away while we were walking to the entrance of the X Factor Boot camp Studio. When we got there, I sat on my seat that I always reserve for myself.

Simon was consulting to the other judges and finally they decided to take their seats. People started to come in, and the recording started.

All the singers were lined up in a row. One by one they chose who would stay, and go to the judges' houses, and who would go, and return to their own homes. The faces of the singers would either be filled with tears of joy or sadness.

The judges started to talk and they called in 5 boy and 4 girls. To my surprise, and to the singers, they decided to make two groups and that they would still go on. I was relieved to see two of my favourite singers on X Factor there, Niall and Liam.

Niall was just the cutest and Liam, well he was hot. I couldn't really remember the others people standing on the stages names', but I did remember a girl named Sophia, with awesome but at the same time weird hair and a 'blondie' named Rebecca.

After that, the camera stopped rolling and the episode was finished and went through to start the editing. The audience started to make their way out of the studio.

A few minutes later, Simon finished talking to the other judges and the contestants. We got back in the limo, trying to avoid the paparazzi. Seriously, they really need body guards because the paparazzi is really annoying me and Simon as well.

*

We finally arrived home. Our house was located on a slight hill and had two gates for two openings. One on the right and one on the left. The right was for entering, and the left was for existing.