9. Ah, one of the lucky ones.

Gina: So, no single girls' night?

Me: Well, EJ's an option

Me: I have a good feeling he's available

Switching to text EJ, I decide to give him a head's up.

Me: EJ, please tell me you're available

EJ: Why?

EJ: Did you seriously set us up?

Me: Because, she's lonely and I have to be at home to meet my mom's new boyfriend

EJ: Thank you

Me: No need to thank me. Just doing what friends do

And, it only takes a few moments for Gina to text her own thank you, and I feel happy knowing they'll spend the night together. Just having fun, enjoying the most romantic night of the year, and maybe meaning more to each other at the end of the night than at the beginning.

"Honey, are you spending the whole night alone?" Yeah. This is how it's been every Valentine's Day since I was born.

"Yep. Gonna watch Aristocats. Again."

"You know, that boy EJ really likes you." As a friend? Sure. Anything more? Absolutely not.

"Mom, just because you want us to be together doesn't mean that we're going to end up together." He and Gina are just better for each other and I don't plan on getting in the way of that. Sure, he's a nice guy and he cares about making other people happy, but I just don't know if our destiny was to be friends or something more.

"You both are blind, let me say that." And with that, the doorbell rings. "That is Erik." Her date. Considering it's almost 7pm, it's most likely not anyone else. "Hi Erik! Come in, please."

"I hope it's alright that I brought my daughter." I don't care. All I plan on doing is watching Aristocats, so as long as she's cool with it, I have no problems.

"Oh, absolutely. My daughter's just inside here." Okay, I should actually get up now. Walking to the door, I see none other than the girl who plays Mrs. Potts at North High. I believe her name is Annie and she's a freshman. Beautiful voice, actually, but not a lot of confidence on stage. Not like Lily, although they do get along quite well, being two of the youngest cast members.

"Hi, Juliette." She's shy, but always so upbeat once you get to know her.

"You two know each other?" Her dad seems surprised, but my mother knows about pretty much everyone I've met, even including Antoine.

"She's helping with the musical." He just nods in understanding, before telling us they're heading out for dinner and should be back around 9:30.

Annie is a sweet girl who is at least a handful of inches shorter than I am with a medium brown hair color that I'm quite jealous of. It almost looks like pretty strands of copper. Her eyes are a pretty hazel, only succeeding to make her even nicer and more inviting than the average person.

"So, I was planning to watch The Aristocats, do you want to join me?" Her eyes immediately light up at the sound of the movie. Although it's not my favorite movie, or favorite Disney movie, I do still have a soft spot for the first Disney movie I ever watched. I was literally four months old, at the time.

"That sounds like a better plan than mine. I was planning to scroll through Instagram and slowly become jealous of everyone who has a Valentine." Eh, don't worry, everyone gets their Valentine eventually. Hearing a ping from my phone, I see that Ricky texted me, which is quite interesting. We rarely text, so this ought to be good.