T h e R e a l m O f S t a r s A n d V e l v e t

315 t h  N i g h t , S p r i n g , S t a r r y , V e l v e t

''I protect you. Do you know who I am? I am as above, so below. I am the starry night. I am the velvet sky.''

                                                                                            - The Starry Night, The Velvet Sky

The best part about spring, she thought, are the starry nights. 

The best part about spring, he thought, is the velvet sky.

Spring came and came and came, and it came with the promise that it was going to go, like all good things, because the worst things in life are free, and the best ones have to be bought.

I love the breezes that blow my hair and wift his smell towards me, she thought.

I love everything that brings every part of her nearer to me, he thought.

Because it was spring and tears and smiles and starry nights and velvet skies and blood and dingy floors and broken razors and long red scars. 

Maybe it was her and her presence and her smile that dried up the blood, threw the razors and cleaned his cuts, and deep within, beyond those skies and nights and places and perfumes, he traveled to a realm made for him, it was him and it was everything he was, he is, and what he wished he could be.

And sometimes, in beautiful nights like her, he thought he could see that faraway place in her eyes, the lost look, the enchanting music, the flowery smell, the starry night, the velvet sky, the clean wrist, the blood dry.

And on nights like these, he left a  l o s t  r e a l m  behind. Because everyone deserved a place they wished was very much like their dreams.