Prologue

(Welcome readers to my brand new series - The Afterworld Chronicles. You may have read The Enrule Series but the story has only just started. I've dived into the disturbing world of Kira, her backstory, the reason she came to be at the Underground. Kira's story will be told and I hope you guys enjoy the first book in this rather adventurous series - Desolation.)

Prologue

~*~

Things may change for the better or for the worse. Things may change because the soul desires it. Things also change because the world needs it. The world did not deserve this. The emptiness and longing for a better life, seems a lifetime ago now. Those words will haunt me till the day I die. Never mind the fact that I cannot remember how the world used to be, I don't want to remember.

All in all, the world isn't about finding a better life, the world isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating the person you were born to be. I've moulded myself to fit in with the earth. The new adventures I seek every waking minute, anything to take my mind off what I've lost, what I will eventually find again. Nothing will keep me away from finding my sister, not even the harsh wind or the ice bitten snow. Nothing full stop, will ever get in my way again. Not even the hungry, red eyes that leer over me at this precise moment.

Some say the world will never be the same again, some say that we are stupid to even believe it, but I disagree. My name is Kira and this is my story.